N-Europe

iPod Video tonight?

Charlie

Am I the only person/idiot who bought this from here? Currently, my order is 'Preparing for Dispatch' and should be here end of this week, beginning of next. I've already converted a few dvds into iTunes in preperation, it should be cool watching them on my iPod next week.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person/idiot who bought this from here? Currently, my order is 'Preparing for Dispatch' and should be here end of this week, beginning of next. I've already converted a few dvds into iTunes in preperation, it should be cool watching them on my iPod next week.

I'm ordering mine some time next week off the apple site, I'll get to test it before handing it back to my parents for them to hide for my Birthday and Christmas.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but what video formats can this thing play? Do you have to convert all your existing videos to some rubbishy format, like on the PSP?

Pretty much, I spent a few hours last night importing a load of short clips into Quicktime format. Although it'll look good on the iPod screen, it looks like shit on a full sized computer or TV screen.

Pretty much, I spent a few hours last night importing a load of short clips into Quicktime format. Although it'll look good on the iPod screen, it looks like shit on a full sized computer or TV screen.

I converted a 50mb avi file and it came out as 200mb using Apple's H.264 mov format. That was only using 50% quality, it still looks really good at 320x200 (iPods screen size I think).

Bah, if you want a portable media player get a GP2X [ http://www.gbax.com ]

Dual 200 Mhz CPU, 64 MB RAM, 64 MB built in flash, works with all SD flash cards, 8-10 hours battery time, runs Linux, emulates a ton of consoles, works via USB2.0, has TV out, and it's 150 euro's on lik sang or 124 pounds on gbax.com itself.

You don't even have to re-encode stuff, it plays xvid and divx stuff with linux' mplayer, it even resizes itself now :)

Bah, if you want a portable media player get a GP2X [ http://www.gbax.com ]

Dual 200 Mhz CPU, 64 MB RAM, 64 MB built in flash, works with all SD flash cards, 8-10 hours battery time, runs Linux, emulates a ton of consoles, works via USB2.0, has TV out, and it's 150 euro's on lik sang or 124 pounds on gbax.com itself.

You don't even have to re-encode stuff, it plays xvid and divx stuff with linux' mplayer, it even resizes itself now :)

But you have to buy memory cards on top of that. How much woulda 1GB memory card be? iPod is much better value (apart from the battery).

But you have to buy memory cards on top of that. How much woulda 1GB memory card be? iPod is much better value (apart from the battery).

A 1 GB SD Flashcard is available for around 60 euro's, or 41 pounds.

And this plays videos on a bigger screen for at least four hours longer on two AA's, can emulate tons of stuff and you can run all sorts of apps, much like a pda really..

Guest DS MaNiAc

I'm (hopefully) getting a 30gig one for christmas, my mam says she will ask my dad. He will probably get it for me cos:

A) He just sold lots of land for lots of money in greece and

B) He has been asked to star in a Movie by Germanys version of the BBC :o My dad could be a Movie Star 8-]