NEurope
Gio001

Game, Overpriced Nunchucks

As a lucky launch day owner of a Wii from Game in Blackburn, i then managed to get some spare nunchucks from game, paying by visa i only realised they had charged me £17.99 not £14.99, when i rang the store to complain i was told by the manager it was because they were scarce and basically if i was unhappy to try and buy them off e-bay. I am disgusted at this attitude from a major retailer, even more so since after e-mailing them and Nintendo over this situation last week i still have not had a reply from either party.

I have spent a fortune in Game and on Ninty products over the years, where's the returned loyalty ???

Anybody else been ripped off by Game ???:santa::cry:

i think it is shocking. i payed £29.99 for wiimotes off of Amazon. i am sure they have a rrp of less than that.

Yeah, I refused to buy them from game. I'll wait till my local games shop has them in. The remotes are 32.99 as well, which adds up when you want to buy 3 remotes and 3 chucks. Of course the £17.99 and £32.99 stickers are emblazoned with Game's "BEST PRICE GUARANTEE!" claim.

Yep, they r supposed to be £14.99 each, even on Game's own website. £29.99, that's robbery

Bluestar. I'm glad we got our remotes from gamestation now at the RRP of £29.99. Think that beats Game's best price Guarantee

I bought them for normal price from GAME.co.uk

£14.99 for the Nunchuck and £34.99 for Wiiplay and Remote. Too be honest though the RRP of the remote and Nunchuck makes them quite expensive together. >.<

I bought a Classic Controller from Game last Saturday. It's supposed to retail at £14.99 but they were selling them for £17.99 because all the other stores in Bromley had sold out. They are seriously taking the p***.

they pumped up the price of the component cable too if you noticed. I blame nintendo for giving them too much stock. Tesco FTW

So, have they put the price of the Wii up to say £220 because it is scarce???

Makes you wonder if most of the Wii's on e-bay are being sold by Game ??

It's amazing how wii owners are being ripped out by stores seeking profit this christmas... I mean, I can't find a dang game being sold online for less than 39.90£ in UK. What's the point in importing? I usually don't pay 60€; I'm used to 29/32£ per game

Yes Game are scum for doing that to customers.. but its how they make there money and no one can stop them from doing it. Personaly i never buy stuff from Game... i picked up a classic controler and Nun-chuck on launch day from Woolworths for £14.99 each.

Hmm dont Game match other stores prices?

I hate this so much. When you go into a shop and not only do they charge you too much, but then they have the cheek to say, 'go look on ebay' it is so unprofessional. FFS, I don't even know why it annoys me so much, but it does.

I used to work for GAME, I left about a year and a half ago, I was a loyal member of staff for three years and wouldn't have a bad word said about them, but that was in the days when they were all about customer service and not all about profit. I can't stand game now, for so many reasons, but I wont go into it now, pm me if you are interested.

So, have they put the price of the Wii up to say £220 because it is scarce???

Makes you wonder if most of the Wii's on e-bay are being sold by Game ??

I don't think so, but I heard from someone who went in when they had a few in stock and they wouldn't sell it to him unless he bought accessories and games up to the value of £400.

EDIT: From a Newcastle United forum I post on (about the 2 Game shops in Newcastle):

Got mine yesterday from Game. Heard a rumour they were getting some in and just turned up and then had to wait 2 hours for the delivery with my name on a list for one of the 15 that were coming in.

Something that did fuck me off though is the fact that they said yes you can have one but you have to buy 3 other things as well as the console from us otherwise you cant have one. So I ended up spending £320 when I didnt really want to but hey at least Ive got one.

Anyone else who has managed to get one had this happen to them?

They made a lad at my work pay for an extra £220 of stuff when they sold him his. Cost him £400. Out of order if you ask me.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

They were investigated last year for doing the same with the 360, but they weren't the only retailer.

Making people pay for a few extra games when they don't want them is a joke.

I never buy from Game unless I'm forced to. Go get your Wii stock from other places, like Asda are doing all their titles for £34.99.

You have to buy 3 other things or you can't have your pre-ordered Wii. Thats outrageous!!!

I never buy from Game unless I'm forced to. Go get your Wii stock from other places, like Asda are doing all their titles for £34.99.
Shame there's no stores doing those prices here in Portugal.

it's 40£ for every game, including Wii Play, Zelda, and all; and 43,5£ for the likes of Red Steel and Rayman. :(

You have to buy 3 other things or you can't have your pre-ordered Wii. Thats outrageous!!!

I agree, that is terrible.

I'm gonna tell you about my most recent gripe with game. They recently stopped their 10 days return policy, (not that I ever used it). However, if I have 2 options, the first, I can go to game in town, pay £40-50 for a new release but return it if I hate it. Or second, get that same game on the internet, the same day (if not the day before) for £30-40, but I can't return it, there is a 5050 chance I will buy it from game.

However, take the same situation, now remove the option to return a game to game if I hate it, now the chances of me buying a game from game is zero.

GG game, throw away the small amount of customers you have - my guess is the 10 day returns will be back in 3 months time!

Those prices are very wrong! Wasn't Wii suposed to have $50 (even if $=€) games? How expensive are the games being sold in Japan and USA?

I agree, that is terrible.

I'm gonna tell you about my most recent gripe with game. They recently stopped their 10 days return policy, (not that I ever used it). However, if I have 2 options, the first, I can go to game in town, pay £40-50 for a new release but return it if I hate it. Or second, get that same game on the internet, the same day (if not the day before) for £30-40, but I can't return it, there is a 5050 chance I will buy it from game.

However, take the same situation, now remove the option to return a game to game if I hate it, now the chances of me buying a game from game is zero.

GG game, throw away the small amount of customers you have - my guess is the 10 day returns will be back in 3 months time!

Must admit that I did buy Rayman from Game the other day and was surprised when they told me I couldn't return it unless it was still sealed. I only bought the game because I wanted something else to play on my Wii quickly.

Normally I'll buy from the internet - Monkey Ball for Wii cost me £29 and I've got Excite Truck (£31) and WarioWare (£29) on pre-order from a web site. Removing the 10 day exchange policy is, I think, going to cost Game dear.

Normally I'll buy from the internet - Monkey Ball for Wii cost me £29 and I've got Excite Truck (£31) and WarioWare (£29) on pre-order from a web site. Removing the 10 day exchange policy is, I think, going to cost Game dear.
OMG, Where is that site? :o

I'd surely buy from them if they sent items over for Portugal.

Removing the 10 day exchange policy is, I think, going to cost Game dear.

I agree. If you can't take it back, you may as well get it £10 cheaper from a site on the internet, who will replace it if it faulty anyway.

lol you think thats bad? CEX are selling wii's for £350 :shakehead:mad:

cex is a 2nd hand dealer like ebay. They dont get any supplies from nintendo. They actually take risks such as buying at retail price and attempting to flog it. Doesnt always work out well for them. Arbitrage is the name of the game here.

whereas GAME are SUBHUMANSCUM. I hope they burn!!!!!!!!

I always shop from Gamestation, never been ripped off by them and the staff are really good (at least in the one in my town)