Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

which launch games did you buy?

Slaggis

which launch game/games did you buy?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. which launch game/games did you buy?

• Rayman raving rabbids
    • zelda twilight princess
    • monster truck 4x4
    • wii play
    • red steel
    • call of duty 3
    • super monkey ball
    • Cars
    • tony haws downhill jam
    • other(if so specify which ones in post)

Wii Play and Twilight Princess. No idea why I purhchased the latter, I can't believe the differences compared to Ocarina of Time. I mean, why change the greatest video game ever? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and most of all, do NOT introduce so many new features! :hmm:

Please, slap yourself in the face right now. Very hard. :horse:

Wii Play and Twilight Princess. No idea why I purhchased the latter, I can't believe the differences compared to Ocarina of Time. I mean, why change the greatest video game ever? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and most of all, do NOT introduce so many new features! :hmm:

I don't understand this mentality.

Why on earth would you want to play a game exactly the same as a game you played almost 10 years ago?

Zelda has moved on. Twilight Princess is a fantastic game in its own right.

I don't understand this mentality.

Why on earth would you want to play a game exactly the same as a game you played almost 10 years ago?

Zelda has moved on. Twilight Princess is a fantastic game in its own right.

Oh, forgive me. That was a sarcastic jape at the, dare I say it, idiots, who criticize Twilight Princess for being different to Ocarina of Time. Each Zelda game since then as received similair treatment and quite frankly I'm growing tired of the attitude. Ah well, let us not turn this into another LoZ debate, heh? Fantastic game though, I must say. :D

I got Zelda and Wii Play. Got Zelda because, well it's Zelda.. Got Wii Play for the extra Wiimote and Wii Play is moderately fun I suppose. My brother got me Super Monkey Ball so I'll be playing that on Christmas Day, and I got him Red Steel because he still wants it after reading the reviews.

Oh, forgive me. That was a sarcastic jape at the, dare I say it, idiots, who criticize Twilight Princess for being different to Ocarina of Time. Each Zelda game since then as received similair treatment and quite frankly I'm growing tired of the attitude. Ah well, let us not turn this into another LoZ debate, heh? Fantastic game though, I must say. :D

Haha, ok. Good call. :)

I decided to get 2 games at launch.

Obvious choice was Zelda. That was never in doubt.

However, I was torn between 4 other games:

Red Steel

Monkey Ball

Rayman

and Downhill Jam

I decided that I would like to have a multiplayer orientated game, to provide balance with the single player experience, which was Zelda.

So, Monkey Ball was the victor.

However, I think the multiplayer in this game is nowhere near as strong as I had hoped it would be. It seems a bit too over-elaborated. I don't mean the controls, but the types of games available. Most of them are pretty poor, imo.

Haha, ok. Good call. :)

I decided to get 2 games at launch.

Obvious choice was Zelda. That was never in doubt.

However, I was torn between 4 other games:

Red Steel

Monkey Ball

Rayman

and Downhill Jam

I decided that I would like to have a multiplayer orientated game, to provide balance with the single player experience, which was Zelda.

However, I think the multiplayer in this game is nowhere near as strong as I had hoped it would be. It seems a bit too over-elaborated. I don't mean the controls, but the types of games available. Most of them are pretty poor, imo.

raymans multiplayer is awesome.

i agree, Monkay Ball 1 has more complete proper minigames than SMB:BB. it seems really half baked and the hover craft controls totally get on my proverbials.