froztyman

Voice-acting in the next Zelda game

Voice-acting in the next Zelda game  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Voice-acting in the next Zelda game

• Yeah
    • No
    • Yes, but with a silent hero

reading text is more like reading a book, i think its better as you can almost build the characters around your imagination with the help of the game itself. it will get you involved even more than merely listenting, a key part of zelda games.

Ok I have a reason why it shouldn't have voices in the game....Nintendo have already done it with Zelda.....it was horrible.....nuff said.

I don't really see the big deal in having voice acting. I don't really need voice acting to enjoy the game, the expressions, grunts etc are fantastic and don't need anything else. Use your imagination people, its a lot better :heh:

If Zelda were to have voice acting, I'd want them to speak Hylian... yes we'd still be reading but that is much better in my opinion! With Link being the ever-silent Hero that he is!

(someone's probably already said that but I'm in work and can't really read everything but wanted to add my two pence worth! haha)

Voice acting, but with a silent hero.

Link is already perfect, he looks cool in Twilight Princess and his expressions do a fine job of conveying his emotions. :)

If Nintendo do go for voice acting, they MUST do subtitles! Half-Life 2 does them, as do other games (such as the stellar Beyond Good & Evil that someone mentioned). Personally, this is because I'm deaf. I can hear the voices but not see the "shape" of the words unless I'm lipreading. Having both voices and subtitles would be perfect - provide the right atmosphere and keep it easy to understand.

Plus, if the voices are awful, we can just switch them off and read the subtitles. :P

Voice acting, yes, Link himself, no. Applying a voice to Link will merely ignite his status as a cult figure amongst homosexuals...

I was torn between No and Yes with a silent hero. Why you ask? Well, my biggest problem with TP is that it seems a bit generic now, it looks and reminds me alot of FFX which I played recently, there are less minigames and sidequests in TP, and it doesn't seem to have anything uniquely zelda about it to be honest. Thats the reason I'm not keen on voice acting, soon Zelda'll just be another one of those games.

I'd got for voice acting but with a silent hero. Somewhat like Half-Life style. Seriously it could be really awesome if they get the right voice over cast.

I can't imagine Solid Snake not having a voice anymore after MGS1.

Its expensive... i think.. and they would have to do it in at least japanese and english.. and the germans would want it in german.. the french would want it in french.. and I would absolutely simply have to have it in danish!!!

and ofcourse they would have to make an eskimo version and bushman

What makes you think that Hylian is compatible with American English?

You kids don't read enough as it is.

I won't like voice acting. The reason you read everything is because your mind makes a "subconscious voice" for every character you "read", and that experience would be ruined if voice acting was put in.

It depends. If Zelda stays with the same mechanics as TP then no. If it get a total remake then yes. A million times yes. BUT. No hero talking. Link should never talk!

I wouldn't mind a little nonsense jibber-jabber, like Midna and some other characters have in TP. It makes it more lively I think, and shouldn't be too hard to do right.

Silent hero from me. Voices are really just part of the best games now, but hearing Link say any more than ". . ." would be weird.

I hate voice acting in all games, they all speak way too slowly and I just end up reading ahead, but have to listen to the voices too.

If there was voice-acting it would mean that you couldn't use no other name than Link anymore. It would be a pity for people like me who don't play with the name Link but instead with something else.

Unless they decided to speak some weird language like Hylian.

Voice acting, yes, Link himself, no. Applying a voice to Link will merely ignite his status as a cult figure amongst homosexuals...

Why does Link come off as gay? Just because he does not get a girl? He is to busy being a Hero. Malon, Ilia and Marin are examples of girls who like Link and he snubs them for adventuring. Or maybe I just can´t see him as gay since everything, even the boomerang, seem straight compared to Tingle...

Why does Link come off as gay? Just because he does not get a girl? He is to busy being a Hero. Malon, Ilia and Marin are examples of girls who like Link and he snubs them for adventuring. Or maybe I just can´t see him as gay since everything, even the boomerang, seem straight compared to Tingle...

probably down to the Tingle comparisons, i personally think Tingle is a bi nymphomaniac who has a thing for 'fairies' and lil gimps in green. Link already has a fairly sizable gay following and his adventures appeal to everyone anyway, but the day they put sex or Link having babies into a Zelda game is the day innocence dies.

I was making reference to the fact that within the past year or so Link was voted the sexiest video game character in a gay magazine publication... So the voice would ignite his appeal amongst the fans.

do you really give a fuck if link is a gay character? (which he isnt)

its a damn good videogame. back on topic.

I never went off topic, actually see if you can understand what i'm saying here... Link was voted sexiest video game character in a gay publication. Seeing that he has such a following amongst many gamers both heterosexual and homosexual, the addition of voicework for Link would either expand or detract his overall appeal. No matter what voice they go with, it won't be 100% liked by every single individual though it would most likely satisfy editorial reviewers thus marginally increasing their overall scores...

IF they either spoke Japanese or they made up a hylian language or something. But neither would ever happen (me thinks), so lets keep things non-voice acting :heh:

One thing that could destroy the game, the use of voice acting in scenes which tell you the story, such as creation of hyrule. Reading it is fine, but having somebody speak

"and the 3 goddesses din, nayru and farore descended upon hyrule.." it could ruin the experience. You need the right voice.

The voice that gave the backstory in Fellowship of the ring felt really right, how bout it?

Link's voice in Twilight Princess was great. All they really need to do is throw in a bunch of Anime voice actors and it'll be sorted.