1. 1. Voice-acting in the next Zelda game

• Yeah
    • No
    • Yes, but with a silent hero

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Aonuma can't miss out on the extra characterisation a voice (not actual talking!) gives to characters. If a character talks, a voice just makes the character more alive; Midna and Navi were some of the most vivid characters in the Zelda series partly because they were given a voice.

No...Simply because it would most likely turn out awful, as it does a lot of the time with American voice overs with many things.

Gear of War = Good - Set in a future America

Fable = Good - Set 'in the past' with British voice acting

World or Warcraft = Bad - Set 'in the past' with American voice acting

Zelda = No - Set 'in the past' with American (for sure) voice acting

Some things work, like Princess Mononoke, but accents and voices need to be right to keep the Zelda feel, and I don't think its really worth the effort to possibly mess up the feel of the Zelda Universe.

Why'd they re-record a voice for Peach on Mario 64 DS??......YUCK!!!! It honestly makes me feel a lil sick thinking about that.

Peach was already in the original Mario 64 and she was awful there.

Point is, Nintendo must not pretend to be realistic and keep it too fantasy language. It's obvious that American voice acting would not work and Aonuma would never allow it.

Voices please, but keep the silent hero. The zelda series needs to innovate within itself again, and voices would be a welcome addition.

We've had land and sea hyrule so far, so what about sky for the next Zelda game? Link's transport could be a dragon or an eagle, easily manipulated by the wii remote, and I can think of lots of interconnecting ideas for it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!