Emasher

has anyone tried the following.

1) inserted a wii game into computers running these os

Mac

Linux

windows

2) inserted a wii game into a CD player

3) inserted a CD and/or DVD into the wii

I seriously doubt there would be any harm - or any point :laughing: - in trying those three things.

1) inserted a wii game into computers running these os

Mac

Linux

windows

2) inserted a wii game into a CD player

3) inserted a CD and/or DVD into the wii

if you do not want to risk losing your wii for a while or one of you games i recomend you don not try: 1 and 3.

good luck!

errrr WTF?

well maybe not the last one but for instance the second one, certain consoles in the past the games sound track could be acessed by putting the game in a cd player and turning it to track 2.

For #1 i'm just curious.

i guess we already know what happens when you put a dvd or cd into the wii.

Man, you all suck, I'm gonna do it now with Wii Play then edit this post in a few minutes.

EDIT: Aaaand....it acted like nothing was in the drive.

certain consoles in the past the games sound track could be acessed by putting the game in a cd player and turning it to track 2.

I doubt developers use that method for in-game soundtracks anymore. These days it would be easier to load MP3, OGG, etc. or their own custom audio format files into memory than play tracks directly from the drive.

Man, you all suck, I'm gonna do it now with Wii Play then edit this post in a few minutes.

which one did you try.

and remember with the computer one different os may have diferent results.

I can't imagine it doing anything different... and if it did pick it up, it would probably say something like "disc format not recognised".

well on a mac you mac or when running linux you may get a different result.

i just dont want to try it on my mac since my dad may get mad if the disk gets stuck inside.

I put it in my computer's drives, running XP, both a DVD-R drive and a regular DVD reading drive. Both didn't seem to recognise it.

I've tried all that, the day I got my Wii. The discs file system is of course not standard so you get a disc full of nothing. If you put an audio cd on Wii nothing happens... that reminds me that I didn't try with a video DVD, but it probably doesn't do a thing too.

Wich is quite annoying with the latest macs, because they're all slot-loading. If it pretends there's nothing in the drive, it can't eject it. You see? There's no 'reject' button that actually requires your system to reject, they deleted that ages ago. Wich is why I won't try it with my Mac...

I will insert Wii Play into my DVD-playing computer. See if that gives it a go. And i'll edit this post if I did so.

restart holding down the eject button, that way it should eject watever's in the drive

actualy i still have an old mac performa in my room (and it has the old kind of disk drive) though that for sure wont do anything.

i just dont want to try it on my mac since my dad may get mad if the disk gets stuck inside.

So you would prefer it if we all knackered our macs instead :heh:

But I thought that Nintendo disc span the other way to normal CD/DVD's so there's no chance of it recognising them!!

Wich is quite annoying with the latest macs, because they're all slot-loading. If it pretends there's nothing in the drive, it can't eject it. You see? There's no 'reject' button that actually requires your system to reject, they deleted that ages ago. Wich is why I won't try it with my Mac...

I will insert Wii Play into my DVD-playing computer. See if that gives it a go. And i'll edit this post if I did so.

Another reason not to choose Mac, eh? I'll remember that:D

But I thought that Nintendo disc span the other way to normal CD/DVD's so there's no chance of it recognising them!!

No they spin the same way, but the information is written the other way, so instead of reading from the edge of the disc to the center, it reads from the center to the edge (if not opposite of that, can't remember).

I tried poping in Zelda into my ibook, and it just said that it wasn't recognizable and ejects the disk. So theres no extra feature i can find, unlike sonic for the DC

________

Lovely Wendie99

Edited by fex

Another reason not to choose Mac, eh? I'll remember that:D

No they spin the same way, but the information is written the other way, so instead of reading from the edge of the disc to the center, it reads from the center to the edge (if not opposite of that, can't remember).

Not another reason NOT to choose a mac, you know. I just don't really want to take the risk. In a few years from now, all computers will have slot-loading as a standard (like Wii). And I had a problem once where it took half an hour to recognize the disk (it was written in that a-so-rare 'personal music player' format, wich places the entire player on the disc, rendering it inrip-able) and ever since I haven't tried anything i'm not sure of.

But that shouldn't turn you down to buy a Mac. They're great computers. They're not the most powerfull (you can make better), but even with less power you can do things twice as fast as you had to do them on Windows XP and that will not change with Vista. Go Apple!

Oh, on topic: I got nothing to say, except my Apple-defense... that, and the fact that you're totally right about the slot-reading. However that doesn't mean the spin-reading is the same. That means it can read disc in the inversed form, but maybe not in the normal shape? Whon know? Maybe a DVD-freak or the president of Sony. Oh wait, those guys don't know anything. They didn't even notice their bungie cords was missing when they jumped off their profits...

Not another reason NOT to choose a mac

Well if the Mac might eat my discs and never return them, theres no way to view that in a positive way.

I tried mac, I missed features and support for hardware, and I don't see the point in mac tbh.

It limits my possibilities THAT much.

When did you try mac? Most of the things are compatible. Yes, Nintendo Wifi router doesn't work for it, but if they would develop the software properly it shouldn't be that hard. Macs are quite supporting all hardware lately and software, well, you can find almost everything. It's searching a little harder, but hell. At least you have the best system under the hood... Now let's stop this mac stuff.

Another reason not to choose Mac, eh?

Actually, holding down F12 will efect whatever's in the drive. Also, and I can't confirm this, but I think there's a little hole to the side of most new Mac's disc drives whic, when you insert a pin into it, forces anything in the drive out.

But that shouldn't turn you down to buy a Mac. They're great computers. They're not the most powerfull (you can make better), but even with less power you can do things twice as fast as you had to do them on Windows XP and that will not change with Vista. Go Apple!

Actually, the new Power Mac is one of the fastest computers you can buy. I think that the Core 2 Duo iMacs are pretty powerful compared to the average PC, too.

And I just tried Wii Sports in my iMac, and it just ejected it back out when I put it in.

Sign in to follow this