NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

Friend codes per game AND per console?

I've noticed that online previews are saying Pokemon Battle Revolution requires you to set up a game-specific friend code list AS WELL AS your console list.

if this is the case for all games then nintendo really has buggered up with the online functions of wii.

Jeesus I hope this is not true. If it is then it'll put me off playing Wii online at all. The way the DS friend codes thing works has pretty much entirely made me lose interest in playing online with that.

I am guessing this is just for pokemon for now, as Nintendo havn't perhaps got their proper servers etc... up and running properly? if not more fool Nintendo for buggering up any change of beating microsoft in the online gaming arena

I've noticed that online previews are saying Pokemon Battle Revolution requires you to set up a game-specific friend code list AS WELL AS your console list.

if this is the case for all games then nintendo really has buggered up with the online functions of wii.

Actually this is due to the DS content of the game. The DS has to connect via the normal Nintendo WIFI route (friend code) but for future online Wii games that do not rely on DS WIFI content, it will be the one universal friendcode per console

Actually this is due to the DS content of the game. The DS has to connect via the normal Nintendo WIFI route (friend code) but for future online Wii games that do not rely on DS WIFI content, it will be the one universal friendcode per console

so if your connecting without using the DS? does it not need one this extra code?I wonder....

so if your connecting without using the DS? does it not need one this extra code?I wonder....

Thats what I have heard.

Then again, I think you HAVE to use the DS dont you? Im not sure at all..

Thats what I have heard.

Then again, I think you HAVE to use the DS dont you? Im not sure at all..

I didn't think you did, I'm sure I've seen screenshots with extra HUD elements that make up for the lack of a DS.

I read the review and knowing IGN, they would have complained about the friend code system. But they didn't really complain about it. Maybe it's just a code to connect your ds to your wii? It would use the same system, so it would need a friend code. Well, i'm not complaining, I'm probably not gonna buy this one anyway... I'll wait for true 3D pokémon.

Nintendo does do stupid things so it wouldn't surprise me the Wii number is just for Miis and messages :(

I think its because the online system isn't up and running properly yet. I'm sure when they've sorted it out you'll just be using your Wii's friendcode.

I think its because the online system isn't up and running properly yet. I'm sure when they've sorted it out you'll just be using your Wii's friendcode.

Yeah it has to be that, otherwise the whole point of having an individual Wii number is pretty pointless.

Do you guys know that Elebits uses the Wii Number for online functionality?

So it is probably just a one game thing for PBR. Dont forget it connects with the DS so it may have needed to follow the DS model of Friend Codes. Elebits shows that future Wii online enabled games should only use the single console Wii Number.

So it is probably just a one game thing for PBR. Dont forget it connects with the DS so it may have needed to follow the DS model of Friend Codes. Elebits shows that future Wii online enabled games should only use the single console Wii Number.

regardless... it's POOR showing from nintendos first online wii game, using one of their biggest names.

Not on at all. it hardly shows the right sort of commitment/

I thought the point of Wii codes was to avoid that! What the hell are Nintendo doing?! It's like, they have a good thing going, but they like to go and ruin it!

regardless... it's POOR showing from nintendos first online wii game, using one of their biggest names.

Not on at all. it hardly shows the right sort of commitment/

Lets wait until about March 2007 when the online games will be out. So we can see how the service actually ends up.

Yeah except don't you just like download things and trade created levels or something? There's no online gameplay....which is the area where friend codes come into play in

Sign in to follow this