N-Europe

Wii email

Tony Cabrony

WOW - I'm having absolutely ZERO sucess with this at all!

• WiiConnect 24 always connects
  • Registered 2 e-mails address (Hotmail & Yahoo)
  • Nothing has come through at all (3 days now) :(
  • Deleated and re-added the addresses and still nothing....

This really sucks - I can see Angry Nintendo Nerd ripping into this when he's about 180.

Same for me, registered the same adress now about 4 times, replied to the emails I recieved and nouts happened. All i want to do is see my blue light, If anyone else wants to see it for longer than 1/4 second, put a gamecube game in it and go to the Wii disc channel and it will stay on for about 1/2 a second! wow

________

blonde girl Webcams

Edited by Tony Cabrony

Thanks everyone for their help - I've got it all working now (and can see my mistake)

Right so lets see (incase others are daft like me)

• Yes you have to add e-mail contacts into your address book i.e. hot, gmail, yahoo etc. (However I thought the system would then send them an e-mail automatically asking for their acceptance)
  • NO
  • You then have to send an e-mail FROM these "added address" to your Wii.
  • The Wii then send a message back to each one asked for permission.

WOW - Easy as that!

Now I have a Flashy Blue Light Cool!

Thanks everyone for their help - I've got it all working now (and can see my mistake)

Right so lets see (incase others are daft like me)

• Yes you have to add e-mail contacts into your address book i.e. hot, gmail, yahoo etc. (However I thought the system would then send them an e-mail automatically asking for their acceptance)
  • NO
  • You then have to send an e-mail FROM these "added address" to your Wii.
  • The Wii then send a message back to each one asked for permission.

WOW - Easy as that!

Now I have a Flashy Blue Light Cool!

Yes thats not hard to figure out if your READ the email the Wii sends. Still doesnt work for me though and ive tried about 5 times

________

Ass live

Edited by Tony Cabrony

Ah a but see... I didn't know that once you entered an e-mail address into the Wii - you then had to send an e-mail to the Wii from said PC based e-mail in order to acticate it.

I thought all you had to do was enter an e-mail address into the Wii and it sent a request to the recipient asking for permission!

I assumed this was the case however like "Tony Cabrony" mines didn't!

After I added my e-mail addresses (I waited 3 days with nothing at all)

I decided to e-mail my Wii directly instead and then I got 2 mails each back from the Wii.

The one that should have came days ago

And the second "forced e-mail"

It seems I needed to invoke the service by sending an e-mail from each e-mail client first back to the Wii before I got any correspondance at all.

This is why I am replying these threads - maybe others are having the same problems as me - this is how I fixed mine.