N-Europe

One for the Irish!

thatguy

Haha, get him Franklin!

Back to the topic, I'm Mark, from Meath, and I go to college in Dublin. Doing accounting for some reason, still not sure if that's what I want to do for the rest of my life but I'll only be 21 when I graduate, plenty of time to do something else after I suppose.

Oh Jesus - bad idea starting on the ignorance towards the Irish language; I'm very passionate about this! :wink:

Beannachtaí - is mise Seán Ó Treasaigh, tá mé 19 d'aois agus ag déanamh na Gaeilge mar chéim in Ollscoil na Banríona i mBéal Feirste.

I'm Seán Tracey, 19 and I'm doing an Irish degree in Queen's University, Belfast.

It's quite sad that so many people outside (and even more worryingly, inside) of Ireland don't know that the Irish language exists. It's one of the oldest recorded languages in Europe and to survive countless attempts by the English to quash it - it's still alive and kicking today. That's something I'm proud of :grin:

WTF? Tá sé ag déanamh magadh ceart?

Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Clicky 3 (contains a Xmas song)

Is maith a fheiceáil go bhfuil daoine ann nach bhfuil faiteach an Ghaeilge a úsáid! Maith thú! Labhraíonn tú Gaeilge na Mumhan go cinnte -- fuaimníonn an chanúint sin mar théacsleabhar domh :laughing: tá caint na nUltach difriúil ar fad! Mar shampla - deir sibh "sa mbosca", cuireann sibh úrú isteach in áiteanna inteacht a chuirfeadh muidne séimhiú; sa bhosca, ar an bhóthar, srl srl.

Ach cibé, coinnigh an teanga beo agus in úsáid a chara!

to survive countless attempts by the English to quash it - it's still alive and kicking today.

Well just barely anyway :heh:

I've been getting a hell of a lot of response towards the vlogs i done in Irish on youtube, and i noticed that most of the people comment and sending me PMs are Americans with Irish parents/grandparents who are learning/want to learn Irish, in America

I didn't even know there were places that taught it outside of our Emerald Isle?

I'm Breandán, I'm from Belfast, also at Queen's but am studying Maths and am in my fourth and (probably) final year.

Tá and Gaeilge agam chomh maith, ach is tamail béag ó a úsaid mé é (agus níos fáide ó a éirigh mé rud ar bith a scríobh!).

@KingOfHyrule

I'm guessing that you're a first year? My sister just started Irish at Queen's, I'm sure that you'll have noticed her, she'd be the loudest one in class. Avoid.

I'm Breandán, I'm from Belfast, also at Queen's but am studying Maths and am in my fourth and (probably) final year.

Tá and Gaeilge agam chomh maith, ach is tamail béag ó a úsaid mé é (agus níos fáide ó a éirigh mé rud ar bith a scríobh!).

@KingOfHyrule

I'm guessing that you're a first year? My sister just started Irish at Queen's, I'm sure that you'll have noticed her, she'd be the loudest one in class. Avoid.

You're joking! Who is it??