NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
King_Mushroom

Too much 'NintendOptimism'?

This could surely be classic Nintendo optimism, but could next-gen see Nintendo going full-on with marketing?

Nintendo have been very quiet this current generation. This maybe because they thought it was a lost cause promoting the cube to anyone but fans (almost like they took the escape shoot with a little bit of profit).

I'm hoping for a huge investment in resources next time round. We all know Nintendo could suprise us again, not with controllers, but with Marketing. They surely have the $$$ to do so.

Maybe, just maybe, they will forsee larger profit margins if they invest wisely in advertising.

Again this is half me dreaming, but i want futuristic, cleaver, nutty advertising that makes normal controllers look obsolete!!.....and please NO, not another mario sunshine style add to torture my soul!

If NOE show an ad any other time than around a console launch i'll be impressed.

If NOE show an ad any other time than around a console launch i'll be impressed.

How about the Advanced Wars DS ads all over the web, or the Nintendogs TV ads snugled in between mid-morning Fraiser?

I dont really see any Marketing where I live but everytime I buy a foreign mag or comic they have lots of Nintendo ads and I see great commercials on the Internet, so I really cant tell how Nintendo is marketing things on that front. Still, they need to show the masses that Nintendo has great games and prices in order to suceed.

I personally think NIntendo see this is a bit of a last chance and they will go out all guns vlazing and throw everything at it - personel-wise they seem a lot younger, fresher, more exciting and innovative in terms of marketing and being frontmen (and women) for Nintendo. Whether they'll suceed will be a different matter but I think they will have a much bigger public profile with lots of maketing strategies clearly in place!

I think this time Nintendo actually have something worth advertising and should take this chance they have.

Also they have a really good chance to advertise in lots of different ways. The Revolution's controller is something that really has to be experienced, so if they had street-show type advertising where the public is let loose on the Revolution it would be great.

Nintendo DS advertising has been absolutely amazing! They sponsored tonnes of late night comedy shows on channel 4 and DS ads were shown during every break for ads... Ive also seen the Nintendogs advert on TV 4 times and its pretty impressive.

Marketing and Advertising are perhaps the biggest parts to making anything regardless how crap or good it may be a success. If Nintendo manage to pull off good marketing and advertising for the REV, then it may well be a huge succeess.

Sign in to follow this