NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shenlong

The Match

I'm not sure whether its due to the lack of stuff on TV, or just the though of those celebs going up against the legends, but i've found myself watching this show for the last week. And if any of yous have followed it you'll know that the game is on today. So i thought i'd see if any of you's have been following this and what your predictions are.

I personally want the celebs to win, not sure why but i tend to root for the under dogs in such things, blatantly it won't be an easy feat However that being said i'm predicting a 4-2 win to the legends. I mean the players they've got lined up would obliterate the celebs in their prime, but due to lack of fitness and stuff i don't think they'll find it easy either.

Also sorry if theres been a thread already.

I hope the legends win, put the so called celebs to shame.

Yeah got to admit though that calling some of those people celebs is stretching the truth by quite a bit....steve brookstein....the coronation street lads...but i guess you got to attract people with something though.

Oh um should have mentioned that in my first post, it's on sky one at 7, not sure if that's kick off though. Theres some countdown show at 5 though, not sure what'll be on that.

What channel's this on?

More to the point what is this? Anyone care to explain a bit more?

cheers.

Well its basically a football match between so called celebs and legends like Gazza, Ally McCoist, John Barnes, Ian Rush etc. etc. All for charity me thinks, last years match was quite entertaining to watch, and i'm hoping this years will be just as good - considering yesterday's match (England's that is) was quite boring.

Haven't watched it once and I don't really care. Can't believe that there will be 50,000 at St. James' Park...

All tv shows with socalled celebrities are bullshit, it's why I dont watch much telly these days as that all you get. So dont watch or they will make more.

All tv shows with socalled celebrities are bullshit, it's why I dont watch much telly these days as that all you get. So dont watch or they will make more.

my thoughts exactly.

Haven't watched it once and I don't really care. Can't believe that there will be 50,000 at St. James' Park...

Haha, I went :wink:

It was canny, I'll upload some pics later from my digital camera.

To be fair i enjoyed watching that match moreso then England's last game, i mean that just seemed to drag on, i'm not really all that surprised critics are saying they play with no passion. Wednesday's game best be worth the 90 minutes i'm know doubt going to spend watching it.

They were saying that demand for the game (the match) actually permitted there to be another 30,000 tickets to be sold alas no seats...i'd go see it though. I mean the one thing that i find makes the Match watchable is the fact that there will be a football game at the end which will be of a fast tempo, well cos this is they're actual only chance this year to win. Apparently they might do another one but they're not sure if it'll be in Newcastle cos of some silly incident where Ant and Dec weren't allowed into the after party....bit much changing locations just because them two weren't allowed into a club....but what can you do.

Sign in to follow this