NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jakequaza

Which Wii game to get? HELP!

Hi there,

I have pre-order my Wii from Argos with GT Pro Series. But now, I have been told that GT Pro Series is gonna absolutely suck, and obviously with Twilight Princess.

So, does anyone here have any suggestions as to which game I should replace GT Pro Series with, if any?

All suggestions will be most appreciated, as I don't want to have to play a game which will be absolute crud.

Thanks,

Jake

Trauma Center is looking ace, and I loved the DS version. Go for that one man!

Red Steel has been getting poor reviews and Monkey Ball average ones.

Trauma Centre isn't coming out on launch day. If you are tight on cash I would wait until some quality games come out early next year.

Banana Blitz, can't go wrong there. Good single player and multiplayer, best value game releasing on Wii with both single player and multiplayer. Reviews are reasonable, both IGN and Gamespot scored this game in the low 8s.

The better games are coming out in 2007.

If you want GT Pro get it. It will probably be the best authentic racer on the system.. sure it's nothing in comparison to the XBOX 360's Project Gotham + Forza, or Sony's Gran Turismo and Wipeout.

But give it a shot.. don't let reviews throw you off. If you like racers and want one for over winter go for it.

Personally I'd go for Monkey Ball because there's loads of mini games to keep your friends busy when it's too cold to go out.

Red Steel is a new experience, seriously don't be dominated by reviews, just use them as a guide.

I've wanted monkey ball since I heard about the control scheme.. no review is going to tell me not to get it now.

Well, I was wondering whether Raving Rabbids would be any good?

Monkey ball looks good, but I just wonder whether I'd enjoy it, as I don't have any other Monkey ball games.

Raving Rabbids is a fun game, it can turn a 36 year old back into a 6 year old.

It's probably a little easy.. thus making it short, but it's going to be one of the better mini games titles on the Wii.

It has a lot of style and a loose plot linking them together, more so than what you'll see from Monkey Ball's mini games, Mario Party and WarioWare's.

It's a tough one.. because the Wii will have a lot of mini games that overlap.. but I think Raving Rabbids will be the best.

I think we're shooting ourselves in the foot a bit with these review scores.. Ubisoft has shown so much love to us and the Wii system.

If we don't go out and buy Ubisoft games their investment will be considered a failure and we will get no more original Ubisoft titles.

You have a point...

I would have got Smooth Moves if it was out, but not until after Christmas.

Raving Rabbids does look good, but I'd quite like a Platformer. Are there any Platformers out at launch?

Not really.. there's Mario on the way of course, you can take advantage of the virtual console and download some classic titles for between £3 and £8.

I'll be getting Mario 64 at launch which should cost about £8 or so. Bargain if you ask me.

Depends if you've played it before.. you'll also need a GameCube or Wii classic controller to enjoy it as intended.

Looks like I may stick with GT Pro Series :(

Problem is, my brother is the one getting Twilight Princess. I said to him I really wanted it, and he said he'd give me a save file, but I'm not sure if that's good enough!

Do you think I should buy Twilight Princess for the Wii or GC?

I've not read any reviews of GT, however, despite some critisisms ExiteTruck seems to have gained some good reviews. If your still after a racer.

Otherwise, Monkey Ball

Twilight Princess is better on the Wii for you. You don't sound like an opinionated Zelda purist (people living in the past)

Stick with your brother's Zelda.. you get 3-4 save files on one unit so you can play whenever he isn't.

It will teach you about sharing also. :) Just use his, it'd be silly to buy your own disc because the system will probably just reckognise his save files.

DON'T GET ZELDA IT ONLY GOT 8.8!!!!!!!!

:grin: Hahahahaha.

Yeah, what a pice of shit, i'm never getting it now:laughing:

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN :angry:

There are still some conflicting messages about this. It wasn't on the official list from Bergsala (Norwegian Nintendo handlers), but Nintendo people at Electroworld (an electronics expo) said it would be out at launch.

I guess we'll just have to wait.

DON'T GET ZELDA IT ONLY GOT 8.8!!!!!!!!

Is it me or do you sound like a really-stupid, no-life? Come on, don't be the child. An 8.8 is fine for any game. And Zelda still is Zelda. I personally trust GameDaily's and IGn's opinion more than Gamespot. Those guys are, well, Gamespot. I honestly trust Matt Cassamassina more than the next guy on these kind of things.

And don't be a fanboy, will you? Live in the world, not the floppy-swoppy thwirling Nintendo-red freakish tingle-island. Yes, Tingle-Island. Have a nice Koolooh-Limpah, dude.

Is it me or do you sound like a really-stupid, no-life? Come on, don't be the child. An 8.8 is fine for any game. And Zelda still is Zelda. I personally trust GameDaily's and IGn's opinion more than Gamespot. Those guys are, well, Gamespot. I honestly trust Matt Cassamassina more than the next guy on these kind of things.

And don't be a fanboy, will you? Live in the world, not the floppy-swoppy thwirling Nintendo-red freakish tingle-island. Yes, Tingle-Island. Have a nice Koolooh-Limpah, dude.

He was just kidding. :heh:

I'm in a bit of a launch-day-game dilema. I'm going to get Zelda if i can. (who isn't going to? I'm gonna try and pre-order from gamestation if they still let me)

However, i'm in a pickle with regards to Super Monkey Ball and Rayman RR. Each day that goes by, my mind changes.

However, i'm in a pickle with regards to Super Monkey Ball and Rayman RR. Each day that goes by, my mind changes.

i had that problem too.It's just that monkey ball looks far far better.monkye has 50 while rayman has about 70 minigames.Rayman's games though are far more mini i think.

I'm going for monkey ball because the graphics are attracting me to it

i had that problem too.It's just that monkey ball looks far far better.monkye has 50 while rayman has about 70 minigames.Rayman's games though are far more mini i think.

I'm going for monkey ball because the graphics are attracting me to it

I'm looking for something which will be a laugh for mates to play when they come over.

I've decided to get 2 games at launch. Zelda, which is a game for myself to enjoy. Then, it's a toss up between Monkey ball or Rayman, which will be a game for others to enjoy as well as me.

Does anybody have any idea what the multiplayer games in Rayman are like? You say that they are far more mini, what do you mean by this?

Sign in to follow this