NEurope
DiemetriX

Your Wii questions?

That is actually bolox, I simply think the Wii GUI has been designed to be receptive.. not a pure recreation of the GameCube.

You put in a GameCube disc.. it reads it, if the Cube disc indicates that there is to be a change the Wii will be receptive of this change and allow you to do so.

I would really doubt that some of the 100% premium Cube titles worth keeping for Wii wouldn't be supported.

However freeloader was reverse engineered.. which is why I don't think the Wii will be receptive of this software.

I've tried to make it make sense but reading back it just sounds like I am working on double standards.

That is actually bolox, I simply think the Wii GUI has been designed to be receptive.. not a pure recreation of the GameCube.

You put in a GameCube disc.. it reads it, if the Cube disc indicates that there is to be a change the Wii will be receptive of this change and allow you to do so.

I would really doubt that some of the 100% premium Cube titles worth keeping for Wii wouldn't be supported.

However freeloader was reverse engineered.. which is why I don't think the Wii will be receptive of this software.

I've tried to make it make sense but reading back it just sounds like I am working on double standards.

Yeah, it does, but I do know what you mean so don't worry. That's why I don't expect it to work, there is a chance though.

To be completely honest, I don't think Nintendo would make that big of a fuck up. After all they are saying all your GC library will be fully playable on Wii. If 2-disc games can't be playable.... that would be the mother of all fuck-ups.

To be completely honest, I don't think Nintendo would make that big of a fuck up. After all they are saying all your GC library will be fully playable on Wii. If 2-disc games can't be playable.... that would be the mother of all fuck-ups.

I think the Wii will recongnize Resident Evil and MGS and it will proably give a special message or something when you get to the "Please replace disc 1 with disc 2 and close the lid." message. The Wii then disables the "close the lid" thingy and lets you change the disc.

Or maybe it will just spit out the old disc, you slide in the new one and it continues? Would be pretty cool.

I don't think this will be an issue though.

Come to think of it, the Freeloader works (also uses disc switching), so why shouldn't normal games work?

Perhaps, when you start a GameCube game, the Wii enteres "GameCube" mode - so the "eject" button just ejects the disc, and does nothing else. Then, you exit "GameCube mode", you have to press reset?

Talking about questions (and not freeloader) has anyone any idea on Music playback? Music CD's? Or are we going to, after losing DVD's, losing CD's too because the penetration of it is almost 100%? I didn't really hear anything about it and I mailed IGN. As usual, they won't put it in the mailbag or reply. Yet. We'll just see..

At least we can play our MP3's using the SD card and photo channel. Jaj!

Screw. What's so hard about that one, Nintendo? It's a feature PlayStation one had...

Don't you have a stereo or a DVD player, Jasper? Those read CDs. I don't remember anyone complaining back in the day that the NES didn't play tapes or vinyl.

I read on a site that the freeloader does work on the Wii,but the place that tried it said that it sometimes crashes.I'm looking for a link just now.

It might seem like an obvious question, but is the Wii connected to its various online features from the moment you switch it on, or do you need a wireless connection in your house/other assorted gubbins?

It might seem like an obvious question, but is the Wii connected to its various online features from the moment you switch it on, or do you need a wireless connection in your house/other assorted gubbins?

You power on the wii for the first time, set the date settings etc. Go to the setup menu (lower left corner), and look up "Internet". Then you configure the Wii to connect to your home network using a DS-like setup system.

So yes, you need a wireless connection in your house to enjoy Wii online ;-)