NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
blender

Flash Games

As I understand, the web browser should have a very functional version of flash. I reckon this will spawn an industry of user generated content. So I thought a thread hyping the possibilities would be cool.

My current favourite flash game is 'n' http://www.harveycartel.org/metanet/n.html

would a browser based version be possible on the wii?

Flash games could be potentially awesome and all for free!

it seems a complete gift from nintendo... or am I missing something?

have to wait and see i guess, hopfully the opera browser allows you to access the buttons on the wii remote as well like the arrows.

from here http://wii.nintendo.com/channel.html

Wii browser runs AJAX software <<- whats this

The answer here : http://news.com.com/AJAX+gives+software+a+fresh+look/2100-1007_3-5886709.html

Basically, for rich internet applications - all manner of desktop style software embedded in browser driven applications -eg. word processor, outlook, googlemaps

This is going to open a whole load more possibilities. I'm still excited about the browser as its going to let us users generate content.

First person to port a gameboy/GBA emulator to Flash or AJAX wins!

Who has access to wireless internet, a Nintendo Wii but no computer?

Very few people.

Thus this is a pointless gimmick, portable games are intended to be portable.. if you want to play flash games do so on the computer.

I think the Wii should be home only to 'console' based games.

Why can't people get over it? The GameBoy player was a failure for a reason.

The chances are high that Wii will support flash and ajax to play free internet games.. but what satisfaction will you get when you have Zelda sitting on your shelf? None.

Flash games are intended to save a bit of time when you're bored at work or on the internet.. they don't offer that satisfaction when you have a world of media channels and games available at the flick of a switch.

half agree with you nintendork, yes zelda FTW etc...

However, I'd rather play free internet flash games for cheap superficial thrills than pay to play NES games on virtual console. Its the potential for the browser features to compete with virtual console which I thought was amazing for nintendo to allow. Anyway, lets hope and see.

I still don't get it. Is the Wii going to be able to connect to the web at launch? In the UK

flash games are live at http://www.wiicade.com

works in firefox...not so well in internet explorer

Play tactical assasin. Oh doubters how wrong you were this is awesome. Lets hope that they work fine on the wii wii

HMMM this has got me interested now, have heard talk of tools being released to help the development of this idea, so we could soon see our own games appearing even for those less technically minded of us.

EDIT: just playing tactical assasion now, wot a game.

WiiCade is a great idea... but as we know the Wii's Opera browser isnt availible for download in America yet... so no one can use WiiCade just yet.

yeah lock this before it goes mad again, there is nothing big.

one thing tho don't really see how these games are programmed for the wii, the paintball game uses the space button, to me it just looks like a collection of mostly bad flash games, that ping pong game is naff! are they actually programmed so the space bar will translate to a button press on the wiimote i doubt it.

I played on wiicade earlier the Tactical Shoot or something. It worked fine. The only bad thing is that the noticable glove, which player one is shown as in like the channels and wii sports etc is the pointer. So on that shooting game i mentioned theres a dockoff hand there.

Who has access to wireless internet, a Nintendo Wii but no computer?

Very few people.

Thus this is a pointless gimmick, portable games are intended to be portable.. if you want to play flash games do so on the computer.

It's not pointless at all. Here's a couple examples of when it's useful:

- When someone's PC and TV with Wii are very far away from each other (especially if they have a big house)

- When someone in the household wants to browse the web but someone else is on the pc (aka brothers/sisters)

And more importantly, it is not compulsory that you have to use it so if you don't want to simply don't, but it's there for the people that want it and will enjoy it, which is better than not having it there at all

My family constantly fight over computers. We have two and it's just not enough for us as we're all big computer users. I will probably use the wii to check things out on the web and let everyone else fight over the real computers. I'm really looking forward to using the browser at christmas, it'll blatently make things a little calmer in my house. Strangely.

Sign in to follow this