Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Hard Disk Drive problem

Wesley

Ok so I just bought a ExcelStor J88 80gig hard disk, I did not however install this into my actual PC. I instead used a Fanner Group CF100-NEB GigaPod. Basically it's a case that hooks up to the PC by USB but makes your computer think you have a new hard disk drive in your PC.

Now seeing as my PC has found this new hardware lets just forget that and look at it like I have just a regular new hard disk drive installed in my PC.

The problem is, even though my PC has recognised it, says it will work, displays it on my device manager - telling me all about it, what it's called, its driver and even how much it holds - it does not appear on My Computer.

I can't get to it.

C: drive it has, all my disc drives it has, but no new hard disk drive. I tried typing in what it would be [G:] but it doesn't come up.

What the heck's with that?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am suppost to format it before I use it, but how am I suppost to format it when it doesn't come up?

You need to format it.

Control Panel > Adminerstartive tools > Computer Management > Disk Management > and then from there you can format/create a partition. It will take you to a wizard (i think - from memory) and then your new HDD should show up.

Let me know how it goes.

You need to format it.

Control Panel > Adminerstartive tools > Computer Management > Disk Management > and then from there you can format/create a partition. It will take you to a wizard (i think - from memory) and then your new HDD should show up.

Let me know how it goes.

Oooh, good spot. Could've saved me some hassle if I'd known that last week.