Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

VC European Misery Rumour

dazzi

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo, why are you this stupid? You do realize us Europeans are just going to play roms now. We'll download Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasies, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG etc. and we're "happy". Your loss.

Exactly, Nintendo have a chance to sell stuff to the European market, insted they're actually forcing people into the emulation scene. Bizarre, because I would actually rather pay for these games so I could play them on the sofa with a real nintendo controller... there loss.

anyway here the links to the offical sites, surly nintendo europe are'nt too busy to put the msx/pc engine pics on their site

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/features/virtual_console.html

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/wii/?site=w_virtual_console.html&l=enGB

I really hope its a big mix up, are the VC games definatly region locked?

By that logic we wont get any games from these people:

virtualimg1up0.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This months edge magazine talks about the VC and how european gamers can only play games released in europe etc.

they then go on to say that gamers can just import a US wii for example and buy VC games with US wii points.

so all this talk about importers cannot access the online features etc is BS!!

The only games I was going to bother with were TG-16 ones because I couldn't get a decent emulator running on my PC. Now I've got the full version of magicengine for classics like Bonk and Photograph Boy, and got CD games like Dracula X working too (Which I doubt will be available through VC anyway). So I don't think I'll bother with any tbh.

On a PC you can play with the SNES, N64 or PSX controller (I wouldn't bet on it being too long before someone made a Wii classic controller -> USB converter), use save states, play online multiplayer, get games from other regions and fan translations of japanese games, use a TV out to play on your TV, improve the look of the games with things like anti-aliasing and SAI engines, all without having a crippled selection of games and having to shell out for them. I can't see any reason to use the VC emulator over PC emulation at all.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!