NEurope
Cookyman

Wii Sports - full game details with new logo

I'm looking forward to it. I have a few friends that aren't really "gamers" and they're buying the console for christmas, so this should make a good party game.

I'm looking forward to it. I have a few friends that aren't really "gamers" and they're buying the console for christmas, so this should make a good party game.

QFT. I will invie some of my friends, who will buy this probably at christmas, and itll be a great party game. Just at golf punching him in the side so he misses a shot. Hitting each other over the head in tennis.

tripping people up while bowling. Wii play will add to this.

All this without getting drunk, just physically agressive :D

Nintendodrk are you joking? If you've been paying as much attention to IGN's coverage as you make out you'll find that they HAVE mastered bowling, so much in fact they can get a strike every time as they've found the 'cheat'!!

I think this game will be good fun for a while, good in multiplayer and an absolute cert for getting non-gamers to play Wii - genius freebie by Nintendo!

If you mean the playtest they did a few months back, that 'cheat' was gonna be fixed by Nintendo.

Do you have a link that states that Jasper?

Plus, you could ban people from using it so...

here: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/745/745356p1.html

and here's the quote with the important stuff in bold:

Another hotseat game is Wii Bowling, the game we managed to "break" at the Nintendo Wii Launch Party in September. The game is meant to simulate the swing of the ball as you approach the lane, taking remote speed as power and the angle of the swing as curve. But we managed to figure the "exploit" where lining up on the second dot from the right and simply "whipping" the ball quickly will be a perfect shot every time. Unfortunately it doesn't look like this was fixed, as the strikes flowed from our hands right away using this knowledge. Don't tell your parents about it and you'll be fine...otherwise it's going to be mere minutes on the messageboards between the launch of the Wii system and the first perfect 300 score.

dont know if thiswas posted but whats with the ??

DOwnloadable games?

wii_sports_training_lg.jpg

i cant wait to play Wii bowling with others. Im slightly disappointed that its 'broke' but hopefully others wont know about it, it should still be a hugely entertaining game

Cheating at the end of the day is just cheating yourself.

You can cheat Brain Training in a few hours to lowering your Brain Age to 18/20 (whichever is lowest)

But by doing that you're voiding the scientific basis of the game.. and really are cheating yourself.

I would consider any bowling cheat to be banned from my Wii and would also expect Nintendo to thoroughly check a game for flaws after Mario Kart DS has all that snaking crap.

It could have easily been resolved by having a boost limit on each track which removes unreasonable boosting on straights.

It's debateable which is intended by designers.. and what is cheating.

Didn't really expect anything better from Wii Sports in terms of scores, as long as non gamers don't realise these exploits in the game then they'll have short fun bursts with the game.

And it's just a small "tech demo" to show families that gaming can be fun and simple.

yeah have to agree, i was expecting scores around 7/7.0/70% at the end of the day there really isnt much to it. I can imagine playing it quite abit at launch but after that it will be only be dipped in and out of very occasionally.