NEurope
mcj metroid

100 greatest cartoons on channel 4

I'd just like to stress I have absolutely no authority to say what is funny and what isn't,

and is like nearly 7am and I have not yet slept. This is not exactly an opportune time to rant but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

It's Morphin' Time!

Rantstadon!

I dunno what it is about Family Guy now. It's still laugh-out-loud funny, but the new episodes just don't call out to me as much as the older ones. One thing that is pissing me off about Family Guy is the oceans of crappy merchandise springing up almost overnight. Ever since it came back it's everywhere. Sounds like Fox has found their new Simpsons.

I have a fairly everything-goes sense of humour and find almost anything funny, but Family Guy just doesn't interest me much anymore. As someone who is so goddamned obsessed with pop culture sometimes you'd think I'd find more to enjoy but I just can't bring myself to care about it.

There's also the fact that Adult Swim's Robot Chicken is basically Family Guy without trying to have some kind of pointless plot. I'm not smart enough to reach such a conclusion myself and discovered it on some forum, but if you take a moment to compare the two it's actually a very accurate observation.

South Park on the other hand is simply either hilarious or awful, and rarely the latter. There's something brilliant about the more recent episodes that I just can't put my finger on. Perhaps the fact they're not afraid to rip into anything? I dunno.

Then you have the Simpsons, which has definately changed but is still capable of giving a good few laughs every episode. A friend of mine used to judge a Simpsons episode on how many times he laughed out loud in a veiwing, with two or more laughs meaning it was a great episode. I personally enjoyed the newest Simpsons episodes to come out and would watch more if the site I viewed them on hadn't been killed.

Rightly so as well, AllSimps was about as legal as Jordan's girlfriend.

I bet Animals of Farthing Wood never got on there. That was hardcore for a lil kids programe from what I remember..characters died :cry:

because it s modern audience then family would get higher than it should.Ask the same question in 5 years then there will be a different answer whereas the likes of simpsons and tom and jerry will always be top

because it s modern audience then family would get higher than it should.Ask the same question in 5 years then there will be a different answer whereas the likes of simpsons and tom and jerry will always be top

This list/programme is like 1 or 2 years old anyway, we all probably had a different opinion on Family Guy back then. I think opinion for that show had gone down since then.