NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cookyman

Wii online questions and answers - hopefully

So use a wireless router? I mean, fair enough the dongle isn't great but it's not like the PS3 or 360 can use a laser aimed at the moon to connect to the InterWeb or anything. Nintendo are letting people use the technology that's available.

Personally I don't have a wireless router but I suspect I'll be getting one once the Wii is out. Will keep my PC connected through ethernet though, wired's always better if you have the choice! I could get the USB ethernet thing for the Wii but it'll no doubt be about £30 and a wireless router won't be an awful lot more.

No, but the biggest gripe being the dongle, which isnt a good solution for a next gen online service.

So, are you complaining that Nintendo are catering for those who don't have a Wireless Router?

So do some wireless routers work without you having to physically go to the computer and keeping the internet on?

That's generally the idea; when you install your wireless router you give it your login details, for your ISP, so whilst the router is on it stays connected to the internet. Your PC, and other devices, then just link up to the router in whichever manner you see fit and they pass on their data requests, which are then handled by the router.

Bit premature tbh, we don't even know if the Connect24 service will be running on launch. But whatever.

you don't need wi-fi as long as you have an Rj45 cable and an ethernet to usb adapter

Truth, It's not that hard to get around really. There is no Ethernet port on the Wii, so either get a wireless router or do what this man has said. Which means im sorted anyway.

So do some wireless routers work without you having to physically go to the computer and keeping the internet on?

All wireless routers do that, if you have a USB modem you'll need to buy an ethernet modem though. Unless you buy a wireless modem/router.

Sign in to follow this