NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darthbane2k

Nintendo should tell Kojima to GO TO HELL

Why would there be debate? Sega develop for Nintendo. Sonic games appear on Nintendo formats. Sega do not constantly snub Nintendo for Playstation formats.

But they develop for other consoles too, which is illegal by your logic.

Why would there be debate? Sega develop for Nintendo. Sonic games appear on Nintendo formats. Sega do not constantly snub Nintendo for Playstation formats.

I don't get what you're saying. Seems like you're saying that Sega develop for Nintendo and Konami don't.

What does Kojima have to gain from putting Snake in Smash Bros. I thought more than anything he was doing a favour for Nintendo. If anything Nintendo owe him one.

I know you're thinking of the quote where it said that Kojima wanted Snake to be in Smash Bros. But all I can see is that Nintendo profits from it.

But they develop for other consoles too, which is illegal by your logic.

how in the hell is that illegal by my logic.

Do you even understand what the hell I am saying?

As its already been stated, the core reason for Kojima being loyal to Sony is due to contractual obligation, but with this initial reason has come a strong support base with millions of units of each installment in the Metal Gear Solid series being sold, TRANSLATION $$$MONEY$$$ AND LOTS OF IT. With this continually growing support base consisting of predominately Sony enthusiasts is the expectation that the next installment in the series will surpass that of the previous game and everytime it has, both in terms of graphics and gameplay. Some people are actually complaining about the current graphics of MGS4 on PS3, if this were on the Wii, we'd hear never ending criticism and poor sales would follow. This next installment [MGS4 on PS3] has to do poorly with reviews and have a detrimental effect on sales for there to be any chance in the world whatsoever of a new MGS game coming to a Nintendo console to revive the series and make up for the previous lackluster game, but chances of these circumstances occuring are extremely unlikely. Expect new and original game concepts from Kojima, but no Metal Gear Solid, at least not in its official form.

As its already been stated, core reason for Kojima being loyal to Sony is due to contractual obligation, but with this initial reason has come a strong support base with millions of units of each installment in the Metal Gear Solid, TRANSLATION MONEY AND LOTS OF IT. With this continually growing support base is the expectation that the next installment in the series will surpass that of the previous game and everytime it has, both in terms of graphics and gameplay. Some people are actually complaining about the current graphics of MGS4 on PS3, if this were on the Wii, we'd never ending criticism and poor sales would follow. This next installment has to do poorly with reviews for there to be any chance in the world whatsoever of a new MGS game coming to a Nintendo console to revive it and make up for the previous lackluster game.

Far as I know MGS is not exclusively tied to Playstation. If this was the case, why was MGS released for Xbox and Gamecube.

If however Kojima did sell the franchise to Sony, then I rest my arguement.

Nintendo doesn't need Snake in SSBB to make it sell, Melee still is Gamecubes best selling game.

Nintendo doesn't need Snake in SSBB to make it sell, Melee still is Gamecubes best selling game.

Ofcourse they don't, but it doesn't mean it won't sell more. Look which would you rather have, brawl with snake, or brawl without snake.

MGS3 and MGS4 are exclusive to PS2 and PS3 respectively.

As far as the PSP games are concerned I Imagine they are too seeing as they are tailored to the hardware.

Who are we to say that MGS:TTS and the xbox game wasn't a stunt by Kojima Studios to scare Sony into paying more money for exclusive rights to the future games?

Ofcourse they don't, but it doesn't mean it won't sell more. Look which would you rather have, brawl with snake, or brawl without snake.

Best example is look at what Link did for soul Calibur

Far as I know MGS is not exclusively tied to Playstation. If this was the case, why was MGS released for Xbox and Gamecube.

If however Kojima did sell the franchise to Sony, then I rest my arguement.

Probably as part of the contactual agreement, Konami would have the option to develop ports/spin off games on other consoles, but the games in the official series would remain exclusive to Sony consoles, of course, thats purely an assumption on my part.

Okay guys - my hands are held up. Gonna have to agree to disagree. I just thought Nintendo deserved a little bit more out of the SSB 'arrangement' than they have recieved so far.

With Snake of course, but I doubt people will buy it just for him, also this game gives characters fame and prestige. It's helping Kojima make "his" franchise greater.

I just think the man is all talk, no action.

Thats business. Simple Summary:

SONY = MOST MONEY IN TERMS OF UNITS SOLD $$$ <-- Games here.

NINTENDO = LEAST MONEY IN TERMS OF UNITS SOLD $$$ <-- Games not here.

Although both these companie haven't even release their consoles yet and it looks like things are already shifting in Nintendos favour, so your dream may just become a reality.

OMG why are u all arguing... its as simple as this

Kojima: Can i please have Snake in SSB?

SSB Team: Sure then hopefully that will boost sales abit and make more developers come to us asking for their characters in SSB

Just cause Kojima asked for snake to be in SSB doesnt mean we have to tell him to make a game for us...

to put snake in SSB is a few hours more work... in return for a whole new game from Kojima? think not

i think the addition of snake in SSB is good for the game.... now stop ur bitching and pre order this game

With Snake of course, but I doubt people will buy it just for him, .

Snake can do a lot for brawls image. The GC one just looked like a mario game. Thats a big turn off for many.

With Snake of course, but I doubt people will buy it just for him, also this game gives characters fame and prestige. It's helping Kojima make "his" franchise greater.

I just think the man is all talk, no action.

Yeah I also think we're going to have to agree to disagree here, I think it'll sell more, you don't, I guess we'll have to see what happens.

And I also think Kojima is a little overated.

Then we agree in the things that matter. :)

Certainly is, along with MGS the series as a whole.

Mario, the equivalent of Bill gates in videogames is seriously underappreciated these days, hopefully Galaxy can win back some people...

Snake can do a lot for brawls image. The GC one just looked like a mario game. Thats a big turn off for many.

To be honest, its STILL going to look like that isnt it? There's still going to be Yoshi, Kirby, Mario et al...

Why do you get frustrated for this as though some great injustice has been done? This thread is both silly and sad.

To be honest, its STILL going to look like that isnt it? There's still going to be Yoshi, Kirby, Mario et al...

Yeah, that's just crazy, you know in a Nintendo character game!!!!

It really is all about percieved user base.

Sega is just as guilty , just look at this atrocious Sonic trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oSuY2mRwHo

The only way Nintendo is gonna shake this off is by getting a giant user base. Then maybe 3rd parties will bother putting the Solids, Virtua Fighters, GTA's, etc. Until then it looks like itll be a low-production mini game fest

Sign in to follow this