Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Uk Smash Brothers Players

Infernizzle

With the Wii coming out i couldn't be more excited with the talk about a new Smash Brothers. A couple months ago I found out about the big community of hardcore Melee players, although i am fairly good i have no one to play with and i normally hold tournaments in the local area (North London). Are there any other people in London or England who play Smash Brothers on a serious level?

Me and Zell on these forums take it on a serious level. Neither of us live in London however (both about an Hours drive from their). I main Marth and am currently practising as Ganon (my mindgames and strategies with marth are getting predictable) and Zell mains Falco.

How often are you tournies held? And how much is required to enter?

Since i've just started of making these tournaments which me and my friends mainly come to it's free really, but ive been trying to find Smash Brothers players around England which hasn't been a really good search. So when i start to make connections with people i will be able to make the tournaments much bigger. I'm also a Falco player, my game cannot improve though due to not having anyone to face :P

I'm glad someone's taking the next step and (hopefully) organising an event as there are many eager UK smashers who would love to attend a proper tournament (but never could because it was all in the us).

I could attend a tourny as transport wouldn't be a problem (a fast train from MK to euston) but it would depend on the quality of combatees and seriousness and such. Like Goron, I would only be available in half term.

I am interested, keep me informed.

Yeah, im taking my first year A-levels so im also busy studying. Some of my friends have actually been getting worse than better at Smash for some reason. I'm really just looking to hook up with some people so that i can get better, all in all i would like to go to the US and maybe compete there but if i could keep everything all British and get some help from people like you guys i think we could expand this thing.

Yeah, im taking my first year A-levels so im also busy studying. Some of my friends have actually been getting worse than better at Smash for some reason. I'm really just looking to hook up with some people so that i can get better, all in all i would like to go to the US and maybe compete there but if i could keep everything all British and get some help from people like you guys i think we could expand this thing.

Well I know Me, Zell and a friend of mine would definately attend a tourny if you held one. As long as the competition is good i'm definately (DEFINATELY) in! Like you, the fact that I only get to play the same people really doesn't help.

How many people do you think you can get to attend this tourny? Also, I think it'd be a good idea if there was an entry fee, and the winner/runner up recieved it.

Anyway, any tournie is fine by me, cos me and Zell are there 100% (if it's during Half Term obv).

I would love to attend one of the tournies but i live in scotland so, its out of the question for me. I wish someone up here would do the same thing but, where i come from only i only know about 5-6 people who own a gc and about 4 who own the game.

It would be a great way to meet and play better people than me because everyone ive played bearly kill me now and i play as link who isnt even all that fast or strong.

I will have to get back to you on how many people i could get...but if you guys ever need someone to play (being honest i really need someone else to train against) i'm available lol.

Hehe. Well my MSN is [email protected], so add me and we can talk about it. Also, I live in Milton Keynes and Zell lives in Buckingham, so if you could get here it would be great too!

Haha, that's exaclty the same with me. You know people who play the game but just arn't that good and they don't know all the advanced techinques and probably dont even have the time to learn them!

Some of them don't have time to learn what buttons do what ,they just press random buttons and move the C-Stick all over the place hoping for the best :nono:

If you see the potential then i would say teach them or at least show them some of the advanced stuff.

I done that with one of my friends. And now he has picked up my fighting style. But I still beat him seeing as its my style and I know how to counter it.