NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Metallica

My joint-favourite band with Iron Maiden - Metallica.

They've just got an awesome sound (well they did have) and I love the singing style. I have these albums and they're all fantastic apart from the non-bold one:

S&M

Master of Puppets

Load

Black Album

Ride The Lightning

...And Justice For All

Favourite songs:

Enter Sandman

Master of Puppets

Sanitarium

One

For Who'm The Bell Tolls

Orion

Who else thinks this band kicks ass?

Oh and have a look at this video when they're with the symphony orchestra playing MoP: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qWgzyOkZrcI&search=master%20of%20puppets%20orchestra

Enjoy!

Metallica are definitely one of my favourite bands. My favourite albums are probably Ride The Lightning and S&M, but it's so hard to choose because they have so many amazing songs. I've seen them live in Dublin 3 times, and they've been the best gigs I've ever been to. Their performance, the atmosphere of the crowd, it was all fantastic. I got one of the plecs that was thrown into the audience at the end of the last concert, it's now one of my prized possessions :)

Metallica are my favourite band. I loved the M&S album.

My favourite song is No Leaf Clover.

I know i'll probably be smited for this but I don't really like Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets or For Who'm the Bell Tolls :heh:

Don't really like their new album, asides from that they're really great.

Some of my favourite songs are by this band. Master of puppets, Enter sandman and Nothing else matters. Great songs.

I don't like their newer stuff though. Sounds too soft.

Everything they've done since And Justice For All has been shit, infact getting progresivly shitter. Good band in the 80s though.

I think everyone should own a copy of ...And Justice for All

I love Metallica despite what theyve become today

Hell i even liked Load/Reload though i was pretty unmoved by Saint Anger

King Boo, have you heard the Garage Days Revisited album? Good stuff..

Adding to boos list of their best:

Helpless (Cover)

Loverman (Cover)

Die my Darling (Cover)

Justice for All

2x4

Bleeding Me

Where the Wild Things Are

Devil's Dance

Eye of the Beholder

Dyers Eve

Ride the Lightning

The Four Horsemen

and too many more that i care not list

The new stuff I agree isnt very good, the guitar work doesnt stand out, maybe the riffs are crap. Oh and Bogbas I also love Nothing Else Matters!

Eye of the Beholder

I agree Pit - fantastic melodic bit in the middle somewhere and my favourite ever solo.

Listen to eye of the beholder and fast forward to the 4:50 mark, the solo kicks in at 4:56.

@ Noodleman - i strongly disagree, the black album and (apparently) garage days are both very good.

Metallica are definitely one of my favourite bands. My favourite albums are probably Ride The Lightning and S&M, but it's so hard to choose because they have so many amazing songs. I've seen them live in Dublin 3 times, and they've been the best gigs I've ever been to. Their performance, the atmosphere of the crowd, it was all fantastic. I got one of the plecs that was thrown into the audience at the end of the last concert, it's now one of my prized possessions :)

Metallica are my favourite band ever. I've also seen them 3 times in Dublin, with this summers gig being INCREDIBLE!!!

I loved the M&S album.

Marks and Sparks eh :heh:

Everything they've done since And Justice For All has been shit, infact getting progresivly shitter. Good band in the 80s though.

I dont agree with you entirely, but yes you are almost right :)

Kill em All and Master of Puppets are my 2 favourite albums.

Apparently Metallica are working on a new album to be released next year. Let's hope it's reminiscent of their old works.

Metallica bore me tbh, they just don't have the sound I like. They're a good band, just not really my taste.. (Though One, is fucking awesome)

Metallica are awesome.

Although listening to ...And Justice For All makes my ears hurt a bit due to the sharp guitar sound and lack of bass.

Gutted for Newstead.

My first ever CD was Master of Puppets so Metallica had quite an influence on me when I first started getting into music. I now have:

Master of Puppets

...And Justice for All

Ride the Lightning

Load

Reload

S&M

I was disapointed by their new album St. Anger, just not the same old Metallica feeling. but most of the songs are decient listens.

@ Noodleman - i strongly disagree, the black album and (apparently) garage days are both very good.

The black album is hideously overated tosh, every song on it is dire (yes even bloody Enter Sandman) Its an attempt to make Pop Metal is the only way I can describe it and its bilge because of it. Its massivley over produced and a change for the worse from Metallicas older stuff. It was the beggining of the end of them imo. Basicaly every album they've had Bob Rock as producer has been shit, although I understand the next one they do will have Rick Rubin which could be good.

And Garage Inc, which is the album you mean, isnt a proper album as most of it is covers that the band has performed. Garage Days, however, was a mini album they released before And Justice For All to give Jason Newstead some practice before recording AJFA.

I really like Metallica. I haven't got any of their albums though. Their entire discography will be mine as soon as I get a job though.

My favourite song is Where Ever I May Roam. But other I love include Fade to Black and For Whom The Bell Tolls.

I used to absolutely LOVE them...but now I don't think they're as amazing as everyone makes out. To be honest they're crap live nowadays. I know they're gettin old but James' voice is nothing like it used to be.

Compare this older video with...

with this newer one http://youtube.com/watch?v=_WRRhnwiEKE&mode=related&search=

Seems they went down since cutting their hair and james stopped drinking lol.

But apart from their live performances I think all their albums are awesome.

I think everyone should own a copy of ...And Justice for All

One of the best metal albums of all time. They used to be great, first 4 albums were beyond fantastic. The Black album was about average, with two or three standout songs (those being, Don't Tread On Me, Nothing Else Matters and My friend of misery had an amazing solo).

Not doing so good nowadays though. To be honest, they should give up while they're ahead, and not taint everyones memory of them. That said, there may be a chance that if they can pull themselves together and stop touting this "don't make the same album twice" bullshit.

Their best work is undoubtedly on ...And Justice...songs like Blackened, Harvester, One and Dyers Eve take stupid amounts of skill to both play and write.

Megadeth are better though (maybe) :p.

There's always a fight between them eh ;)

Come to think of it they are probably one of few metal bands from america that I like. For some reason american metal sounds different than european. Then again I don't listen much music...

Current number of cd's owned: 0

Current number of cd's bought: 1 (as a present to someone)

Current number of mp3's: 0

Slowly became my favourite band over the last year or so. Saw them live in June. They played all the songs I wanted them to play, which was fucking amazing. I disagree on the later stuff (apart from St. Anger) being shit. I love some songs on Load and Reload. There's way too many songs too mention but my favourite stand out ones, in order, would be

Sad but true

The thing that should not be

Leper Messiah

Battery

Of wolf and man

Wherever I may roam

Enter Sandman

For whom the bell tolls

Seek and destroy

Master of puppets

Orion

One

Sanitarium

New song

Fuel

Hero of the day

Disposeable heroes

Some days i agree with that, sometimes not. If i had to choose a live show though id go with Metallica, just for their overwhelming stage presence and more familiar with their songs

Best metal band ever is metallica, i also like megadeath but not close to metallica. an alternative metal band would be Iron maiden.

fave songs be mettalica...

Master of puppets

Orion

Enter sandman

Nothing else matters

Sanetriam

King nothing

unforgiven I and II

Sign in to follow this