NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Covers and Remakes

I am sensing some bias here. Korns cover of Another Brick is bordering on blasphemy.

Ditto , the Scissor Sisters - that was an absolute disgrace to quality music. Note to bands , do not attempt to cover the mighty Floyd unless you have some musical credibility and talent.

I am now going to undermine all of the above with a little bias of my own. Jonny Cash's cover of 'Hurt' (whilst very fucking good) was still inferior to NINs original.

Theres no bias. The cover of Word Up was a hugr mistake for them and KoRn will never live that down. I actually like their version ABITW, its heavier and more exciting. Fucking great live too.

A cover can be good if they take it a different way or improve on the original

e.g. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah is one of the best cover versions ever imho

but Ronan Keating covering the Goo Goo Dolls "Iris" was just pointless, they took everything good out of the song and left it bland as can be

e.g. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah is one of the best cover versions ever imho

You got that right. :wink:

Jamie Cullum has done a cover of "Lover, You Should've Come Over" But it is absolutely terrible, it doesn't have the same emotional power and feel that the original has, it just sounds bland and utter rubbish.

Actually with Hallelujah it's hard to tell between the two. I did have Jeff Buckley's version for some time but I think lost it one of my PC's many formats, I did have the John Cale one, which I believe was used in Shrek. That was rather good too. I thought he had the voice better than Buckley.

I thought he had the voice better than Buckley.

j00 didn't just say that?

53nooooooooooooohz8.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOO

Children of Bodom's cover of Opps I Did It Again is nothing short of fantastic

Children of Bodom's cover of Opps I Did It Again is nothing short of fantastic

When I first heard it I was like WTF? and couldn't stop laughing.

Also machinasupremacys cover of " I turn to you" beats the Mel C original hands down.

If you want to listen it, you can download it from their website. http://www.machinaesupremacy.com

I'm surprised they chose such a non-descript Mel C song to cover. Surely it would've been better to cover that one with Bryan Adams.

My Bloody Valentine's cover of "Map Ref 41N 93W" is probably the finest cover version I've heard. Other notable covers are The Raincoat's version of "Lola"; Fischerspooner's cover of "The 15th"; Kaito's cover of "The Marshalls Are Dead" and Final Fantasy's version of "This Modern Love".

I can't think of anymore at the moment, but i'm certain there's some others... I'll get it eventually.

lol steps CMON!

The spice girls never covered a song i think.Steps did tragdy really badly and the classic chain reaction

I did have the John Cale one, which I believe was used in Shrek.

Rufus Wainwright was the one in Shrek (and the one I have). So either you don't have the Shrek-used one or you have Rufus Wainwright's version.