Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stargate TV Shows

somme

I really enjoyed some of Light but it just needs to pick up a bit more. Sadly for SGU I'll always compare it (and anything else SciFi actually) to BSG and within the first 30 minutes of BSG, about 50 billion people had been killed.

Haha, I've the same problem. Nothing Sci-Fi quite lives up to BSG.

When I was thinking how predictable the ending to episode 5 was, I also started wondering about something else

Why didn't they have enough air? There were no ancients on the ship so what would consume almost all of it? I know there were leaks in the ship's hull but the ship wouldn't need to maintain an atmosphere if there were no lifeforms aboard.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I've the same problem. Nothing Sci-Fi quite lives up to BSG.

When I was thinking how predictable the ending to episode 5 was, I also started wondering about something else

Why didn't they have enough air? There were no ancients on the ship so what would consume almost all of it? I know there were leaks in the ship's hull but the ship wouldn't need to maintain an atmosphere if there were no lifeforms aboard.

There was a problem with the device thingy, you saw acidic crap all over it

As for comparing all sci-fi to BSG.....meh. For me BSG didnt compare to the rest of sci-fi!

I want to know what happened to those guys in the away team. in Air, who tried the other planets. Did they just die?

Im hoping for a spin off sitcom with them on the other planet

Just finished watching "Light" (I was weak)

This was finally an episode I totally got behind. Some very good character building moments, including Greer who up until this point I really didnt like. Yes I think we still need more action in the show but im hoping thats coming up and its just been a slow building start to the series.

The one thing I still dont like:

Chloe hooking up with Scott, once again we see more of a connection between her and Eli than weve ever seen with Scott. Im hoping that showing them hooking up this early is deliberate on the writers part to actually show shes better suited to end up with Eli.

They didn't need to show much build up because she's quite clearly out of Eli's league.

Yeah but what im saying isnt about Eli, she could be showing more connection with anyone even if they were in her league or not. Its the fact that her and Scott have zero chemistry and their scenes so far have been dull.

I thought the acting and the writing were on great for Rush.

I loved what they did at the end there. When I thought about it afterwards it was no wonder Rush was trying to suggest Scott and Greer went. He knew all along Destiny would make it, and he hated them all along too. Rush simply wants to be alone with the ship and doesn't care how.

:D

I agree but at them moment the standard of writing for his part has been...weak. Which would go part way to explaining his acting being below his normal, usually excellent, standard.

The more I think about it the more I think that one of SGU's biggest weaknesses will be its low number of characters.

I enjoyed it, was a good ep, and nice to see them use the Stargate again, last two eps didn't use it at all (granted they were out of power, but still)

I guess that "living cloud" thing Scott saw on the desert planet wasn't an Anceint lending a helping hand after all, shame

Well I found it quite boring.

I knew as soon as they went onto the planet something would happen that would be OMG what are we going to do? then just at the last minute the day is saved.. Yawn. Best bit of that episode was Ely saying "looks like we just entered the hoth system"

:)

Well I found it quite boring.

I knew as soon as they went onto the planet something would happen that would be OMG what are we going to do? then just at the last minute the day is saved.. Yawn. Best bit of that episode was Ely saying "looks like we just entered the hoth system"

:)

yeah that "hoth system" bit was funny, I lol'd even more when he said "i refuse to call it episode 5"