NEurope
canand

THQ Event

SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X 2008907674367629726394638946

Also: Yesterday, and this should be in the Wii forum, methinks.

I'm pretty sure that's a DS screenshot is it not? It's not bad for DS tbh. There's no way that could be a Wii screen

they said that these are just GC games, they haven't been upgraded graphically yet, just control-wise. i can't say anything about the others but the spongebob game :D looks a lot better in video form, that screenshot does it no justice, looks blocky there.

I'm pretty sure that's a DS screenshot is it not? It's not bad for DS tbh. There's no way that could be a Wii screen

It will get better graphics:

We've been told by THQ that the game will be getting a significant graphical boost, though the version we saw today was definitely running on GameCube specifications.

wii.ign.com/articles/725/725839p1.html

^ I know how to make a hyperlink... but I'm not allow to include them before I have posted more than 15posts.... mhmhmhmh

..by Gamecube standards, those screenshots are STILL rubbish..

indeed.

the wii was never meant to compete with the other two consoles graphically, but as long as companies continue to make games that look completely shit, even by gamecube standards, it will only give nintendo a terrible rep in the eye of 'the non ninty gamer'.

and now, my def of non ninty is refering to those people who dont actually know that splendid looking games like metroid and mario galaxy are out there.

it makes you wonder whether nintendo DOES actually filter the games that make it onto their consoles...

"nah mate, that looks shit. thatll only make US look bad"

lol!those are wii screens!Disgrace.Thq are just as bad as ea though if not worse!I hope a smackdown games comes soon!

indeed.

the wii was never meant to compete with the other two consoles graphically, but as long as companies continue to make games that look completely shit, even by gamecube standards, it will only give nintendo a terrible rep in the eye of 'the non ninty gamer'.

in fairness, something like Cars doesn't look good on any system it's come out on (well perhaps the DS one looks quite good in motion) the GC, PS2, Xbox, PC and PSP versions all look awful. the spongebob game looks nice in motion, and let's not forget how it plays :D it's been the focus of a weekly update on IGN, a lot of people seem impressed at how well it uses the controller in various configurations. so i'll give that game the benefit of the doubt graphically until it is released and played. as for the rest, THQ are promising better graphics, in the meantime let's not forget that these games are still works in progress, they are simply nailing the control first, and seem to be doing an excellent job of it to!

also, remember everyone banging on about how we didn't want straight ports, would anyone use the controller properly? "we don't care about graphics, just make sure they use the controller"? THQ are fully embracing the wiimote with every one of these titles, and they must be commended for that. but all of a sudden a lot of people don't care about that and are judging games simply by unfinished graphics! why?! have we really gone back to those days already?! give them the benefit of waiting till they are released, i'm pleased the controller is being embraced!

lol!those are wii screens!Disgrace.Thq are just as bad as ea though if not worse!I hope a smackdown games comes soon!

did you even read the whole thread?! they are GC screens, mostly unfinished GC screens! you can't judge their Wii versions based on that!!

..by Gamecube standards, those screenshots are STILL rubbish..

So QFT! DS is capable of that.

Spongebob looks good in motion if you check out some of the IGN videos, it looks a lot better than a lot of other Wii games so far.

The avatar screenshot on the other hand....what? I'm not one to usually judge games by one screen but uh that really DOES look like a ps1 game, what a joke.

bit harsh the things being said on this thread! they are works in progress and these are just a few screenshots for heaven's sake!

Oh cmon... they do look like PS1.5 games. These people don't seem to know about rendering things to not make the colours or forms not look crappy and cheap. Heard of AA guys?

That Avatar screenshot HAS to be an upscaled DS screen. Phantom Hourglass, MPH and even Mario Kart look better than that.

Details on controls of THQ Wii games

SpongeBob Squarepants

• SpongeBob fans will get to fly using the Wii controller as it becomes an aircraft’s control stick in unique, fast paced flying sections.

• Players will experience racing as they grip the Wii controller like a steering wheel for a whole new and intuitive virtual driving experience.

• Rampage through Bikini Bottom as a 50 foot Plankton using the Wii’s unique accelerometers by sweeping, swiping and shaking the controller to punch, stomp and roar through a path of destruction.

• Melee attacks using the Wii’s controller in sweeping gestures allow players to create combo-moves.

• Players perform Bending moves by moving the Wii controller left, right, up or down.

• Focus Moves allow players to draw symbols, using the Wii controller, from the “Avatar world†in a time based series in order to generate special moves.

• Players can use the Wii Nunchuk to control the game camera with tilting action.

Cars

• Players will race rotating the Wii controller like a steering wheel.

• Control jumps with the Wii controller.

• Enhanced mini games will use the unique control features including tilt mechanics in Tractor Tipping and motion mechanics for the Pit Stop.

Barnyard

• Swing the Wii remote like a club to tee off for a game of golf.

• Simulate a pool stick with the Wii remote in a game of Barnyard Billiards.

• Swing and strike with the controller to whack weasels in the Whack-a-Rac game.

• Utilize the Wii controller like a steering wheel to take the farmer’s truck on a joy ride.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=5054