NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Virtual Console Promtional Image

I love the cross-overs. Dr Robotnik appears to making adjustments to R.O.B., Peach is getting kidnapped by the red fellow from Mega Man, Pacman seems to have swalowed Mario's flying power-up (hence his Racoon-ness), and Luigi would seem to be cruising along in his kick ass Outrun car. Meanwhile Kirby appears to have swallowed Leon Belmont.

Note also the Ice Climbers scaling up the mountain with birdo perched on top of it, and some strange cat thing seems to be zapping what appears to be the Windfish.

Ok, lets try build a list of all characters in there!

3. R.O.B (and he has the triforce on him)

I was just about to point that out.;)

There's Robotnik and Mario characters though. I kind of doubt this is official, but it really rocks.

But in the other hand, maybe that is the idea. Everybody knows that Mario & comp will be featured in Virtual Console. By showing less popular characters Nintendo can prove that they really have wide range of different games on VC.

BTW, am I sick because I can recognise most (about 80 percent) of characters that appear on that image?

Good find spotting those ice climbers! What's drawn next to where it says "help me" on the pyramid?

Anyone see Kickle Cubicle?? Oh man, I hope he's in it! I used to LOVE that fricking game......

Good find spotting those ice climbers! What's drawn next to where it says "help me" on the pyramid?

It looks like a little mouse or something, but it begs the question, what are the pyramids doing there anyway? Mysterious...

Here is some more harder characters:

Tom Tom (on the middle of the picture, fighting for tomahawk with M. Higgins)

Master Higgins (on the middle of the picture, Adventure Island)

Cat Ship (on right top corner, Parodius Da!)

Fish Ship (Cat Ships shoot this, Darius Gaiden)

Snow Brothers (behind Morton R. Koopa, Snow Brothers)

Outrun Car (Luigi drives it, Outrun)

Kid Dracula (sitting on the white platform, Kid Dracula)

Rick (next to Dr. Eggman, Splatterhouse [note: this is chibiversion from Splatterhouse: Wanpakku Graffitti])

New Zealand story also pink thing in the crown is from the game.

Who's in the barrel DK is throwing? And also, why is he throwing barrels (Original Donkey Kong) but he has his tie? (Donkey Kong country)

I'll say this. If that is fake, that that is one helluva fake. Someone wasted a lot of time to fool us. Awesome either way, though.

So far seen in this image is;

Zelda: Link To The Past (Ganon)

Im not sure, but couldnt the "dwarf" with the red hat and a hammer also be from A link to the past? Those u help getting their hammer or something back and then they upgrade your mastersword, making it orange?

Why does the knight from Gouls and Goblins have a pink letter? Animal Crossing reference? The sign just in view on the far right, assuming I'm guessing right, would to me also suggest a Pokemon link (Route 1, or something similar).

Also is that Fox McLoud having a laugh with the Moogle?

I'll say this. If that is fake, that that is one helluva fake. Someone wasted a lot of time to fool us. Awesome either way, though.

Check this link out (conzer16 posted it already). No one tried to fool anyone. Just something some person made for their own nostalgia. And I love them for it.

http://4colorrebellion.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70

Check this link out (conzer16 posted it already). No one tried to fool anyone. Just something some person made for their own nostalgia. And I love them for it.

http://4colorrebellion.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70

And here is was hoping there'd be GameBoy games on the VC because I saw some GameBoys on there. Ah well, still a very impressive piece of work, and the VC will still be truckloads of fun.

And here is was hoping there'd be GameBoy games on the VC because I saw some GameBoys on there. Ah well, still a very impressive piece of work, and the VC will still be truckloads of fun.

Maybe at some point they will release GB games on it, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, especially how you can't play the old games on the DS anymore. We'll see.

I like it. I just love how colourful it is, not bothered if its fake, set as my background anyway.

Sign in to follow this