NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Wii will be portable

We know the Wii is small.

Smaller than cube, About the size of a unfolded DS.

Close to E3 there where some rumors about the Stand Being a powersuply, And I'm sure those where false. BUT... I'm 100% sure that a third party powersuply will come shortly after the Wii launch. And a screen that you fold on top the Wii.

31789_xbox_360_lcd_qjgenth.jpg

39086-mp-530.jpg

PS2-Screen-Silver.gif

GC battery

0080492605275_215X215.jpg

So the Wii will become the Portable sooner or later :) But not officialy.

Yes, it will be portable. In a sense.

But, it's hugely impractical! Remember the controller? Imagine playing a game like Red Steel on the go, i don't think that type of thing works. And, what would happen with regards to the sensor bar?

Hmm its possible but Fierce makes a very good point about the sensor, i think the top of the wii designed screens will have space to attach the sensor bar.

Even if it's not good for Wii games you don't need the sensor for the VC and GC games so it wouldn't be too bad as a portable console.

Imagine you have to wait for your flight and you get a Wii out of your bag and start playing. :D

Actually, konfucius put an idea into my head, screw playing wii games on the move, VC would be excellent!

i think the top of the wii designed screens will have space to attach the sensor bar.

The more Expensive screens can have the sensor built inn under/over the screen. If you look at the other portable screens it wound't be that hard to make room for it.

wii-sensor_pen_comparison.jpg

I'm not entirely sure about a portable Wii. Imagine playing it on a bus, you'd keep hitting the person next to you! VC isn't such a bad idea though... But I think Nintendo will stick to SD cards playing VC games on the DS.

I don't see it as portable like the DS, but more of portable as in easy to carry around. Kind of like the GameCube with its quirky handle.

Yes, it will be portable. In a sense.

But, it's hugely impractical! Remember the controller? Imagine playing a game like Red Steel on the go, i don't think that type of thing works. And, what would happen with regards to the sensor bar?

The sensory bar will be no issue, as it can be built into the screen. It'll be even more practical than on a regular TV...

It would be useful for a portable DVD player, and for VC/GameCube/Games that don't utilise the Wiimote (smash bros brawl on a train, anyone?)

Sign in to follow this