NEurope
canand

Nintendo Wii Release Date (or not)

It is October 15 for £149.99 and the games cost online £47.99 and in shop £49.99

Ok.Source?

I call this bull.

EDIT- Go me,and everyone has said a source :p

...and your source is?

EDIT - bugger, beat me to it!

play.com have the game prices up on their front games page now, saw them earlier, didn't check into the release date for them but oct 15th sounds about right.

£50 for a game tho, it's the N64 era all over again.

Thank god for GAME's 30% staff discount :D

Play are guessing, simple as that. They also have an 'estimated' release of 25 December.

Games are very very unlikely to hit retail at £50 - by Nintendo's admission Wii games will cost alot less to make than PS3's and Xbox's, simply down to the ommision of HD. People might actually make a profit on Wii.

play.com have the game prices up on their front games page now, saw them earlier, didn't check into the release date for them but oct 15th sounds about right.

£50 for a game tho, it's the N64 era all over again.

Thank god for GAME's 30% staff discount :D

Stores are speculating the prices since a price hasnt been confirmed.

There is no way the games will be £50. It contradicts everything Nintendo said. Mucho Bullshit.

Games will likely be £40 instore again and cheaper online.With what your saying it's £2 cheaper online it's as if your speaking for everystore,which is not true since the discount rates always change.

That's just a store and it's predictions.I think you missed out this part "* Advertised Release Dates are subject to change without notice.

Games will likely be £40 instore again and cheaper online.With what your saying it's £2 cheaper online it's as if your speaking for everystore,which is not true since the discount rates always change.

I'm guessing the game prices will be the same as this gen: £40 in shops, £30 online (at least on play.com).

With selected games as £20

I'm guessing the game prices will be the same as this gen: £40 in shops, £30 online (at least on play.com).

With selected games as £20

Yea,that's what I think aswell.

can we please change the god damn thread title, im sick of these deceptive thread names, when i go into a thread that says NINTENDO WII RELEASE DATE

i expect the god damn official thing

Another day, another Wii price/release date rumor. The guys at Pro-G had their rumor snooper wandering the internet, trying to sniff out Wii info. He managed to talk to the guys at Shopto.net and get some info from them concerning price and release date. They claim that the Wii will be coming out October in the UK, and will retail for £149.99. The best part about this is that Shopto.net claims that they received this info from none other then Nintendo, although they state that the info is subject to change…therefore covering their ass just incase.

Claiming that Nintendo gave them the info, you think the Big N is going to comment on this one?!