NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ford Prefect

genuinely worried (middle east now)

World War 3, much? Way it's going, Iran will probably nuke Israel, then the US will go against Iran, and North Korea might nuke Japan just to steal the spotlight. :P

But seriously, I think there's a 50% chance there will be a war, seeing as Israel is too greedy to let go of it's nearby country. They'd be smart to let go and stay where they are. I live in Egypt, so if anyone gets nuked we're going to be in the blast radius.

Israel's hunger for a larger country pisses me off.

World War 3, much? Way it's going, Iran will probably nuke Israel, then the US will go against Iran, and North Korea might nuke Japan just to steal the spotlight. :P

But seriously, I think there's a 50% chance there will be a war, seeing as Israel is too greedy to let go of it's nearby country. They'd be smart to let go and stay where they are. I live in Egypt, so if anyone gets nuked we're going to be in the blast radius.

I like to hear the other side of the story, what do you think of this conflict? What causes all this to hapen?

Well, an Egyptian ship (dunno if it was a naval vessel, or civilian) got hit by a hazballan rocket aimed at an Israel ship.

if any one is going to nuke any one, its israel. they have well over 200 warheads and are not a member of any treaty on nuclear weapons. thus that 200 is guess work on the part of the international community.

they could glass car park the whole middle east if they really wanted to......

The problem with that though, is that they'll be affected by the fallout, since it's such close range.

Edit: I just hope no-one i know gets hurt, or worse. :(

I am as always have been worried about the middle east. I know we have at least one user from that area, but those guys are crazy. I don't know a lot about what's going on, but they have been in war and terror for 2000+ years. It's like they can't stop. Wether it's under the guise of religion or because of prisioners they need to blow shit up. They destroy the lives of their innocent civilians and the terrorists have already destroyed the lives of civillians from other countries. Unfortunately I'm almost sure that very serious things will happen in the next few years because of terrorists and the world will never be the same.

then grab a rifle and go fight for "your country"

. Unfortunately I'm almost sure that very serious things will happen in the next few years because of terrorists and the world will never be the same.

Years O_o

I'm thinking months, maybe even weeks.

This is serious, but theirs nothing we can do about it. All we can do is wait and hope for the best. Every one needs to sit down, take a deep breath and calm down. You’re going to worry your self sick over this. Before any one says any thing, I am being serious about this.

there may be nothing us individuals here can do. but something CAN and should be done about the situation.

its morning over there now, and there are already explosions going off from what i can see on the live news from there.

there may be nothing us individuals here can do. but something CAN and should be done about the situation.

its morning over there now, and there are already explosions going off from what i can see on the live news from there.

What you said is true, but do you understand what I’m trying to say?

You can drive your self crazy worrying about this. Turn off the news, go for a walk, and watch a funny movie. Better yet, talk to a family member about your worries.

What you said is true, but do you understand what I’m trying to say?

You can drive your self crazy worrying about this. Turn off the news, go for a walk, and watch a funny movie. Better yet, talk to a family member about your worries.

i didn't say i'm worried sick or anything else. i simply said i was concerned now go look that up in a dictionary.

at any rate, i don't have "a family member" i could talk to with in a 2000 mile radius......

i didn't say i'm worried sick or anything else. i simply said i was concerned now go look that up in a dictionary.

at any rate, i don't have "a family member" i could talk to with in a 2000 mile radius......

Fine I said the wrong thing. You don't have to be so damn rude about it. Use your phone to call one of your family members.

I was just trying to help, and what do I get?

Rudeness

I hope thier won't be a World War III for a while.

Im not ready for it. I don't want to die at the age of 22.

The main problem with Isreal is the fact they have 2 fingers up the American's ass and always have done. Isreal pretty much owns the US.

There is a deep hatred between people in the Middle East and people from Isreal and the scary thing is, what the people of Lebanon lack in technology they have an army of a billion other muslim people. Its strange, if this did errupt into a 3rd world war it would be the first major modern conflict to start from the middle east and spread outwards.

Israel does not 'own' the US, but you'd be right saying they have alot of influence. The US is also going to back Israel on their 'war on terror' principles. As long as the Palestinians, Lebonese or whatever are still braded as Terrorists the US will back Israel to the hilt. this is, of course, a shit idea. As long as the US backs Israel, they don't really have to worry about repurcusions for human rights violations and such.

The Israeli government im sure are aware of the deep resentment that all of the surrounding Arab countries have for them. Yet they still thought bombing the shit out of Lebanon would get the captured soldiers back? I dont buy that for a second I see it very much as an excuse rather then a inevitability.

There is absolutly no way that the Israeli soldiers will be realeased now. But part of me thinks thats what the Israelis wanted all along.

Persoanlly, anything to do with this shits me up, so..

Basically, my fear is that US/UK get involved, then we get bombed. Not only that, but the terrorist threat is increasing rapidly, and im going to New York 2 weeks today.

Nice one for making this thread Ford its good to see that someone cares about world events lol.

However I don't agree with your point

if any one is going to nuke any one, its israel.

I think Israel would have to much to lose if they did. They have been aggressive in the past but if they nuked someone its game over for them. The Arab world would never forgive them and declare a eternal DOW and even America may not be in a position to support them. Its citizens may revolt as well. I think if anyone would it would be Iran if they got the weapons whose leader is a holocoust denier and said he wanted to "wipe out the Jewish race". But I think he wouldn't be stupid enough to as he knows America would absoultuley savage Iran if they did that.

However if something really bad did happen I think it would be the responsiblity of UK/US and Europe to intervene. I know this view won't be popular and should only be used in an extreme situation as it would basically mean that region would offically be a thertre for the war on terror.

I feel sorry for the civilians that get caught up in government stupidity. I read that Isreal is bombing gas stations now. Good idea! That will teach those snooty gas station attendents a lesson

The US basically built Israel. They plohed millions into Infrastructure and develepment in the country. If WAR does indeed break out in its totality, I see America sending troops into Israel in big numbers. But that mean America are straddling 3 volatile areas in the Middle East (Iraq, Afghanistan and then Israel), could they be taking too much on? Are they just Oil hungry?

I cant see the UK getting involved. They would be foolish to enter into a conflict that really has nothing to do with them. The UN are meeting in emergency session to discuss the worsening crisis, and I think the UN should be allowed to tackle the problem.

The strange thing at the moment is that the US are being suspiciously quiet about the situation. Why?

If the US get involved, could they take their eyes off the Korean peninsula? If North Korea do indeed reach Nuclear long range missile capabilities America could find thmselves in "Deep Shit".

If this crisis worsens to the point where mainstream media outlets use the term World War 3, I think we all are in for a long, dark and fearful few years.

Countries involved in a WORLDWIDE NUCLEAR WAR could include: Iran, Israel, North Korea, China, United States and Russia.

I dont think France or the UK would get involved.

But if the UK are in NATO, doesnt that mean they ahve to fight alongside, or is that only if a country attacks another country that is in NATO??

The main thing im worried about is the US/UK act like "world police" (like they normally do) and get involved in stuff they can just leave alone.

The main problem is, because of the media, the government will be pressured into doing something to sort out the middle east. Then when something bad happens to the UK, everyone will blame the government.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main thing im worried about is the US/UK act like "world police" (like they normally do) and get involved in stuff they can just leave alone.

Your more worried about that than a head of state calling for the Jewish race to be wiped out?

Your more worried about that than a head of state calling for the Jewish race to be wiped out?

Well the thing is, the media have so much influence over how people think. I mean what america and Uk did, they did in the right intention.

Was it the right way or the wrong way? im no politician.

what i dont like is america being the most hated country in the world, im not supporting america or anything, but its just pure idiocy, they are lesser evils compared to the fucked up shit that goes down in the 3rd world countries.

The main problem is, because of the media, the government will be pressured into doing something to sort out the middle east. Then when something bad happens to the UK, everyone will blame the government.

It's an incredibly Naive to assume we can leave the middle east alone. It's the world social issue of our generation, it's outcome will shape the future of the entire planet, not to mention that it's our fault anyway.

nobody can leave the middle east crisis alone. it's too important.

Sign in to follow this