NEurope
Demuwan

The mystery of the Wii flap revealed!

A little warning about usb HDDs :

I have an expensive toy at home, namely the Korg Triton Extreme, and it supports HDDs via usb, but : it does NOT support ALL HDDs (in fact, they have a list of HDDs that don't work with it, never mind "unsupported").

So if something as expensive as that can't support all usb HDDs, what about something as cheap as the Wii?

There's no generic driver for USB HDDs like there is for USB memory sticks because they're more complex. USB hard drives often need a specific driver per manufacturer. I highly doubt Nintendo will bother putting any USB HDD support in the Wii, really, except for maybe iPods. I'll be buying a 4 GB SD memory card when my flash memory runs out and that'll be enough for its lifetime.

Ummm.... USB mass storage drivers.... they cover USB memory sticks, USB hard drives, and anything else that is properly configured to be a USB mass storage device.

There's no generic driver for USB HDDs like there is for USB memory sticks because they're more complex. USB hard drives often need a specific driver per manufacturer. I highly doubt Nintendo will bother putting any USB HDD support in the Wii, really, except for maybe iPods. I'll be buying a 4 GB SD memory card when my flash memory runs out and that'll be enough for its lifetime.

I thought the USB HDD used the same generic drivers as the USB memory sticks!

I'm sorry, I thought you guys meant these external hard drives which really can get fussy about drivers, and not those USB HDDs that actually are memory sticks XXL. Those should probably work :smile:

I'm sorry, I thought you guys meant these external hard drives which really can get fussy about drivers, and not those USB HDDs that actually are memory sticks XXL. Those should probably work :smile:

Yes i'm referring to those with a USB interface. I believe they use the same unified drivers but i'm not sure. Would be nice!:smile:

Yes i'm referring to those with a USB interface. I believe they use the same unified drivers but i'm not sure. Would be nice!:smile:

Yes it's called the "USB Mass Storage" driver >.>

I thought it was obvious from the images.

Or were people expecting something extra?

people were really complaining that there might not be something big under the flap?! BE HAPPY WITH WHAT THEIR GIVING U!!!!!!