N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Fuck it, I'm going to say it. I'm probably going to be lynched by any other Liverpool fans who may be reading this, but I don't care:

MICHAEL OWEN

That's exactly the type of player we need.

What? Always injured and rarely scores?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
Bye bye arsenal. Bye bye Real. :D

Silvestre injury looked bad. Head and shoulder bounced off the floor. Screaming in pain. Probably dislocated his shoulder? damn.

Oooh that was bad looking for Silvestre. I thought it was his back first, then his arm, then his head. When he landed he looked like he injued all three.

I didnt like how he banged his head on the floor when he went down.

When he was being stretchered of it looked like he had broken his arm.

Smith came on! That was great. He had a little bit of mud on his face for like 10 minutes.

The Liverpool strike force is pretty decent. I like Kuyt and Bellamy quite a lot, but I can't stand Crouch. If he can't head the ball, he can't do anything else. That's how I feel about him.

Another strike won't do you any harm.

A nice win for United. Thanks, Larsson. :)

Id rather Crouch was sold this summer, yes he can hold the ball up at his feet but to me hes like Sissoko. Just not a complete enough player, for someone who depends on heading as much as he does he needs to be able to get power and acuracy behind them.

I like Kuyt and Bellamy aswell, they just need to start taking the chances they get.

Oooh that was bad looking for Silvestre. I thought it was his back first, then his arm, then his head. When he landed he looked like he injued all three.

I didnt like how he banged his head on the floor when he went down.

When he was being stretchered of it looked like he had broken his arm.

Smith came on! That was great. He had a little bit of mud on his face for like 10 minutes.

Yeah i noticed that! He had a great shot at the end to the near post but it was a fairly comfortable save.

Good game, a few chances here and there, Lille never looked like theyd score mainly because of the Vid & Rio combo (did anyone see that bit of skill Rio did? Quality.)

The goal was intense. Ronaldo wasn't really that great until that point, when he had that great run and then that perfectly controlled, measured cross whilst running at pace. It was a very good send off for larsson after his header, i hope he comes back, no matter how unlikely it is.

I ended up watching the match at a pub that has sky, and i was happy when arsenal were announced to be knocked out. Shame about the milan goal, but it was a good take.

I dont think Owen has been particularly great since about his 3rd season at Liverpool. Id still rather have a fit Fowler to a fit Owen.

Absolutely. You know what I mean though. We need a natural finisher. Someone who, when presented with half a chance, will put the ball in the net. Fowler and Owen in their prime pretty much guaranteed this. There's a lot of talk about Kuyt and Bellamy 'working hard for the team', and that's all well and good, but you want your strikers first and frmeost to be goal scorers.

I can't stand Crouch.

Me neither. Gone in the summer with a bit of luck.

Honestly didn't think Arsenal would progress, just not been good enough recently.

Good luck to all british teams left. It appears I'm the only person in britian who hopes a british club brings the trophy home, everyone else just seems to be concerned with seeing our nation look crap again.

Guest Stefkov
Yeah i noticed that! He had a great shot at the end to the near post but it was a fairly comfortable save.

Good game, a few chances here and there, Lille never looked like theyd score mainly because of the Vid & Rio combo (did anyone see that bit of skill Rio did? Quality.)

The goal was intense. Ronaldo wasn't really that great until that point, when he had that great run and then that perfectly controlled, measured cross whilst running at pace. It was a very good send off for larsson after his header, i hope he comes back, no matter how unlikely it is.

I ended up watching the match at a pub that has sky, and i was happy when arsenal were announced to be knocked out. Shame about the milan goal, but it was a good take.

Vidic & Rio are the best defencive partnership I've seen. Rio gets loads of tackles, Vidic gets all the headers.

Rio's skill was great, taking it past two guys, plus Ronaldo's run was good. As you said a perfect pass while running at that pace was well executed to put Larsson in for goal.

Smiths shot was great. Lashed at it, had some venom in it.

If we could get Kuyt and Bellamy actually finishing then I would be happy keeping those 2 up front but if not then we definately need to bring in a proven finisher (Not Vovorin who only scores 6 a season!)

Yeah, I must admit I'm struggling to see the logic behind the Voronin deal. It's a free transfer, yes, but with all this money we supposedly have to spend in the summer, why are we even bothering? I can't see what he has that our current strikeforce doesn't, to be honest. Personallly, I'm hoping for Villa or Eto'o in the summer :D

Honestly didn't think Arsenal would progress, just not been good enough recently.

Good luck to all british teams left. It appears I'm the only person in britian who hopes a british club brings the trophy home, everyone else just seems to be concerned with seeing our nation look crap again.

Nah, Id have liked Arsenal to have won if we were knocked out. Or Liverpool. Not Celtic, because that would be embarassing, and my ICT teacher supports them.

Manu have a great chance now, real madrid, arsenal and barca out. its looking good.

However, i still fear another match against Liverpool, i dont think we could pull the shit that we did last time again.

everyone else just seems to be concerned with seeing our nation look crap again.

Well no, Only Arsenal ;)

Edit: Just seen the Arsenal highlights. You were all over them and should never have lost. Hahah the amount of chances you had was unreal compared to PSV's.

They should have had a penalty aswell. But damn.