Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that was a mental game! Watched it yesterday and it was just bizarre to watch!

Great free-kick by Giggs though, fantastic stuff.

They have surely got to sack the coach now and I hope we dont have this trouble when (if) we play them here. You could tell that Ferguson was not impressed. I noticed how angry C.Ronaldo was when he came off, it wasnt good because he was quite hot-headed and had an argument with Neville. I hope he wont be leaving, especially seeing that Inter Milan suggested a deal for £33.7 million. I hope he doesnt leave otherwise United may struggle next season.

Oh and Flink, i hope your friend is okay, cause the police reacted very badly. Language problems presumably.

Aye, the freekick was fine and rightfully allowed but the way Lille responded was disgusting, that coach in white should be ashamed.

Just a post on another forum as to what happened R.E the walk off:

Being French, I just want to say that I've seen some pretty awful pieces of translation in news reports tonight.

There seem to be a lot of misunderstanding too.

From what I've understood reading interviews on french websites, it's pretty clear that the coaching staff never had any intention of making the players abandon the game.

It is a rule in the French League that when you think the referee has made a technical fault, you have to file an official complain in the stop of play that follows the incident. That is why the Lille players sent the ball into touch straight away.

This procedure doesn't seem to apply in european games, and I must say that I only found out about it today.

Anyway, reading fron various french websites, I've gathered that after the Lille players sent the ball out of play, the Lille staff immediately tried to find the UEFA delegate to file a complain.

The guy was nowhere to be found so they tried to talk to the fourth referee, who apparently could not understand a word of what the Lille staff and players were saying.

Now the confusion is that the Lille staff was believing that if they did not file a complain right there right now (as is the procedure in the French League), they would not be allowed to do so later. My guess is the Lille staff called the players to tell them to not resume play until the matter was resolved.

And I guess the matter was resolved when the Lille staff was advised that they would be able to file an official complain at the end of the game, as this is the procedure in champions league games.

Being French, I just want to say that I've seen some pretty awful pieces of translation in news reports tonight.

From what I've understood reading interviews on french websites, it's pretty clear that the coaching staff never had any intention of making the players abandon the game.

It is a rule in the French League that when you think the referee has made a technical fault, you have to file an official complain in the stop of play that follows the incident. That is why the Lille players sent the ball into touch straight away.

This procedure doesn't seem to apply in european games, and I must say that I only found out about it today.

Anyway, reading fron various french websites, I've gathered that after the Lille players sent the ball out of play, the Lille staff immediately tried to find the UEFA delegate to file a complain.

The guy was nowhere to be found so they tried to talk to the fourth referee, who apparently could not understand a word of what the Lille staff and players were saying.

Now the confusion is that the Lille staff was believing that if they did not file a complain right there right now (as is the procedure in the French League), they would not be allowed to do so later. My guess is the Lille staff called the players to tell them to not resume play until the matter was resolved.

And I guess the matter was resolved when the Lille staff was advised that they would be able to file an official complain at the end of the game, as this is the procedure in champions league games.

Thanks for clearing that up, man.

seems logical, but whats with the complaint system? is that gonna force the ref to change his decision after play resumed?

yeah, i found that the post make sense, but what are they going to get out of it? money/ excuse for if they lose? seems silly doing it during the game, because everything stops.

and it was a foul, although im not completely sure that Vidic would have made the header anyway.

Im not so sure about that. Never heard of that rule.

Why was that coach waving his arms about in a "come here" manner to the players. He can be clearly seen doing it in replays.

Looks to me like he was trying to get them off the pitch.

Only time will tell I guess. Im more annoyed about the police and think more needs to be done about how they handled the crushing in the United end.

I want to cry. I was ill yesterday and I wasn't online much. Checked my BT email today and what do I see two emails from Arsenal's Box Office saying me and my brother were ballotted to buy tickets for the Carling Cup Final! I missed my chance for my first Arsenal cup final!! ****!!

Though to be fair, from Luton to Cardiff on the train would cost alot. At least I have the killers to look forward to on Saturday.

Gutted.

Deco aside how rubbish where Barce tonight.

Their defending was terrible, Messi and Ronadlinho seemed to have no focus. I personally thought Liverpool had no chance the return game will be interesting indeed...

Can't say that I'm a big fan of the team. Along with Real Madrid, I think that Barcelona are massively over-rated as a team.

I can't understand how anyone can call Real Madrid Over-rated. The players, the silverware, the history .

Can't say that I'm a big fan of the team. Along with Real Madrid, I think that Barcelona are massively over-rated as a team.

I cant speak for this year because I havent seen them much, but last year they really where the best team in Europe. With Ronaldinho and Eto'o both awesome and the emergance of Messi they where unstopable.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!