N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

just on the back of this penalty thing, in Scotland Celtic have not conceded a penalty in the last 60 consecutive matches in domestic competitions, so unless we conceded one in the next 5 games we'll have gone a whole season without conceding any in domestic football :)

(although I suspect we'll get one given against us at Ibrox when we play Rangers :p)

on the flipside we've only been awarded 3 or 4 this season, and have had at least 10 stonewall penalties denied :)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Platty I'll find the stat about Old Trafford penalties, maybe this season things have changed abit but honestly there is a statistic to partially prove what I have said! I remember it being on football focus once and I'm sure it wasn't that long ago!

Penalties are hard to come by granted, which is a good thing to be honest... last season Pompey didn't have one all season and then got 2 in last 4 games...

For some reason, I found myself on the BBC website and I came across this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A22022407

Most of them had me in stitches. Literally. :D

Here are some of my favourites:

Arsene Wenger: "From my position in the dug-out I did not see the incident clearly so I cannot really comment. However, I do think that he gets picked on by opposition players and fans who are clearly chickenophobic."

Jeff Stelling: "They'll be dancing in the streets of Chicken Land tonight!"

Ron Atkinson: "Spotter's badge, Clive. For me, Chicko's popped up at the back stick, little eyebrows, and gone bang! And I'll tell you what - I've got a sneaking feeling that this road's there to be crossed. But this chicken is one lazy ni**er"

Chris Kamara: "Well I'm here at Loftus Road Jeff and theres an UNBELIEVABLE amount of chickens just dying to cross it!"

Alan Hanson- Because its an animal that’s got great pace if there one thing that frightens other animals its genuine pace.

John Motson- well the last time I saw anything that remarkable was ricky villa in 1978

Neil Warnock- The chicken should never have got across the road that is a disgrace clearly the ref got it wrong there.

Jeff Stelling: Theres been a crossing at The Roundabout Chris Kamara

Chris Kamara: Yes there has Jeff. The Chicken crossed safely. But the big question is Jeff, will the next attempt be as successful. Its's Unbelievable Jeff. Back to you in the Studio

Mourinho:Chicken play well, they win, chicken dont play well, they get penalty and still win.

Kevin Keegan

When You do that with chickens like ee said about Leeds And when you do things like that about a chicken like Stuart Pearce.. Ah Ah I've kept really quiet but i tell you somethin he went down in my estimation when he said that! We have not resorted to that But I tell Ya You Can tell im now if your watchin it We're still fightin to cross this road An AN I'll tell ya honestly I'LL LOVE IT IF WE CROSS THIS ROAD ....LOVE IT

:D:D:D

Well West Ham got away with just a fine for their argentinian transfer muddles...I say just a fine it is 5.5 million (although this will likely get reduced lower after an appeal) rather than points deduction.

Although Tevez's registeration as a player is still a bit up in arms and he could well have played his last game for the hammers...

Nobody commented on my list. You ungrateful tossers. :heh:

Ok, the weekend is almost here. Premiership predictions, you honeys!

I'll post mine later.

haha they were pretty good, my favourite has to be Ron Atkinson just for how bad it is that such comments appeared on TV...

EDIT:

Thought I'd play the prediction game:

Chelsea 2-0 Bolton

Everton 1-1 Manchester United

Blackburn 2-0 Charlton

Manchester City 0-0 Aston Villa

Portsmouth 1-0 Liverpool (Can only hope)

Sheffield United 2-0 Watford

Wigan 1-0 West Ham

Arsenal 2-0 Fulham

Sky Sports have the Utd game and the Chelsea game on via the red button on SS1. This is great! I have no interest in the Premiership (Leeds ftw!!) so tis great watching them flash the table up!

As it stands!!!

Chelsea second only on goal diff!

A Neville own goal ? Something dodgy going on there if you ask me :mad:

Incidentally, look at the team Rafa's putting out against Pompey this afternoon:

Dudek

Insua

Hyypia

Paletta

Arbeloa

Zenden

Alonso

Sissoko

Gonzalez

Bellamy

Fowler

Subs:

Padelli

Pennant

Kuyt

El Zhar

Hobbs

More than one eye on tuesday night me thinks :D

What a turn around. We played so horrible in the first half, and I thought daaamn, we'll both be even on points.

Now, Chelsea are drawing and we're winning...I love football. :)

But, Chelsea have a million minutes of added on time to play. (ok, four)

Oh, I love football, don't get me wrong. It's fascinating how for 45 minutes you can feel on top of the world, and for 45 minutes you can feel really raged, even though you really have nothing to do with it :P

Still, if the results stay like this, the season's over. I make it 5 points clear for Man Utd - meaning we'd have to win our games and they'd have to drop points on our game, and one other.

It's been one heck of an end to the season though.

Oh, I love football, don't get me wrong. It's fascinating how for 45 minutes you can feel on top of the world, and for 45 minutes you can feel really raged, even though you really have nothing to do with it :P

Still, if the results stay like this, the season's over. I make it 5 points clear for Man Utd - meaning we'd have to win our games and they'd have to drop points on our game, and one other.

It's been one heck of an end to the season though.

I don't think anything has changed all that much. We will still be in danger of dropping points in our other games. It ain't over by a longshot.

I don't think anything has changed all that much. We will still be in danger of dropping points in our other games. It ain't over by a longshot.

But Chelsea have wasted another opportunity to take advantage of Man Utd's results. In fact, we've dropped a point in the gap.

I guess it doesn't make any difference if you look at it from a "required win" amount, but it's a psychological blow.

Edit: FT at Chelsea, ended 2-2.

But Chelsea have wasted another opportunity to take advantage of Man Utd's results. In fact, we've dropped a point in the gap.

I guess it doesn't make any difference if you look at it from a "required win" amount, but it's a psychological blow.

Edit: FT at Chelsea, ended 2-2.

I agree, Chelsea don't seem to take their chances. Ultimately, I think that's what will decide who goes home with the title this year.

YES! Eagles has scored, and now its 4-2. What a comeback. :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!