NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
UziT

iPod Video

My ipod deletes tracks when I put it on charge and it is taking the piss now! It has deleted them 6times now, shall I take to apple shop itself cuz I got it from Amazon and yes I am under One year warranty!

Thanks Lads

maybe reformat it, then reinstall the software... seems all ipods are having trouble these days... bout half of friends said their ipods started to freeze up... stupid ipod. but if the reformating thing doesnt work i guess go strait to apple.

Try a hard reset (instructions on Apple website).

do you have the latest firmware?

yea i have done everything man! I am guna cry!!

shall I take to the apple store?

lol yea true but I thought there was another stire thing that does repairs...

Hold Menu+Center for 5 seconds until it reboots. If there's still a problem, plug it in, run the latest iPod Updater and restore the firmware.

Hold Menu+Center for 5 seconds until it reboots. If there's still a problem, plug it in, run the latest iPod Updater and restore the firmware.

Yes my brother i have done that

Sure its deleting and not just updating the iPod automatically and removing files you no longer have in your library?

yea, i did that the first time i had it, make sure automatic update is off in your itunes prefrences or it will automatically make sure you're ipod is identical to you'r itunes library and if that means you've deleted anything.

by "charge it" do you mean connect the usb?

yea, i did that the first time i had it, make sure automatic update is off in your itunes prefrences or it will automatically make sure you're ipod is identical to you'r itunes library and if that means you've deleted anything.

by "charge it" do you mean connect the usb?

The first thing I did when I got my ipod was turn automatic update off, as there are loads of songs that itunes copyed over from media player that I didn't want on my ipod.

Well thats the only case of songs deleting thats happened with me unless you're using ephpod at all and seeing as you've just got it thats probably a no. I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to send it back.

i got auto update off as well considering ive gotten a good 700 songs from a buddy...

all the libary is still there I aint deleted it duno what the feck it is!! took it to Apple shop and they said maybe the data cable......but now its just blank nothing coming up....

Sign in to follow this