NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shaithan

Take-Two on Wii

Source- http://www.cubed3.com/news/5357

Take-Two Interactive, a publisher and developer whose subsidary companies include Rockstar Games and 2K Games, have recently posted losses of $50.4 million for the quarter ending April 30th. They put this down to the new console transition period and expenses from closing three studios. However, in a surprising move - Take-Two have traditionally not been so favourable towards Nintendo - the company appear to be looking towards Wii for additional revenue.

"The positive [aspect] for us is that we haven't been a big player in the Nintendo platform," said president and CEO Paul Eibeler. "The reception that [Wii] received at the E3 show is one that makes us take a real strong look at it. As we grow our sports business, there are opportunities with our sports games to extend them to the Wii system, particularly if you look at baseball, where we have an exclusive arrangement, as well as some of the other sports games that would play extremely well on the Wii product."

"...And some of the 2K products will be, [that is,] have an opportunity on the Wii. It's really a late '07, '08 opportunity for us, but it presents an additional revenue stream that we didn't have before."

While it's true that the company could be a little late to the party in that they would be releasing titles a while away yet, the support is certainly encouraging, especially from a company that has shyed from Nintendo for years.

Stick with C3 for more news on Wii development as it comes

Table Tennis for the wii? YES PLEASE!

OH HARNESS the power of the wii!

i do wish rockstar made more nintendo games though.The only game they made for the gamecube was smugglers run!and well yamn!

thats great news, now EA will have some competition where wii-mote sports games are concerned so each will have to make sure their games control perfectly

Oh be careful what u wish for.Do we really want more sport games,mario soccer,mario baseball,mario tennis,tabletennis,curling,golf,darts(with fluffy tops)and break dancing?

No think about what U want rather than what will help the sales on the wii

Oh be careful what u wish for.Do we really want more sport games,mario soccer,mario baseball,mario tennis,tabletennis,curling,golf,darts(with fluffy tops)and break dancing?

um... what we don't want we don't buy ;) over here Nintendo doesn't run a system where purchasing a Wii forces you to buy each and every game released for the system.

I want games different friends will enjoy. games we can casually play.

I'll still buy the better single player games, but I will be more fussy about spending money on games consoles this gen.

Realisic sports sims are important to any consoles success. Thats what EA and Rockstar do that Nintendo doesnt. Theres nothing negative about this news

yes thats true but too many would annoy me.Im not into sport in any way and i dont like sport games(except the tennis mode in bomberman hardball)but maybe that is just me.

i mean look at the amount of fps games on the xbox(original)just because it was the most powerful console.Mayeb there will be an overdose on wii because of the controller and the lask of innovative thinking!

maybe casuals will like this but nintendo fans are NOT casual gamers.

yes thats true but too many would annoy me.Im not into sport in any way and i dont like sport games(except the tennis mode in bomberman hardball)but maybe that is just me.

i mean look at the amount of fps games on the xbox(original)just because it was the most powerful console.Mayeb there will be an overdose on wii because of the controller and the lask of innovative thinking!

maybe casuals will like this but nintendo fans are NOT casual gamers.

For every person who doesn't buy a sports game, there will be a handful who do. It doesn't hurt to have a strong line up. It never hurt the PS2. Variety is a marvellous thing.

u supposed your right.But i feel some nintendo fans will still complain about it.

At the end of the day, there will be something for everyone. Serious sports games, and then we'll have un-serious such as Mario Tennis (one day).

The PS2 had something for everyone, and that contributed to its success. A massive problem for the Gamecube was that we didn't have the balance completely right, which meant we lacked games in distinctive genres, such as racing and FPS. Sure, there were a few. But, compared to the Xbox and PS2, the GC didn't get half as much. It's things like these which make or break the system.

Kudos to Nintendo this time around. They're keeping a friendly attitude with their 3rd parties, which will help make their console successful. Ubisoft, Square-Enix, and Konami are 3 companies who are really close to Nintendo at the moment. What this means for us is that we'll have to potential to receive great games from these 3. If we can get Take Two on board, then Nintendo are certainly onto a good thing. A damn good thing.

I guess Ubisoft was right when they signed on to Nintendo's strategy early on. I don't remember exactly where, but I remember one of the Ubi guys talking about how they were the only studio to make a new exclusive third party franchise for Wii and that the others would be at least a year behind them.

I'm glad Take-Two is finally coming around, but have a little faith guys! I thought it was obvious that Wii was going to do well but maybe that's just the fanboy in me.

I hope they stick to their word on this.

The 2K sports games are IMO far superior to EAs efforts , and have been for a few years now (so much so that EA bagged the NFL license just to prevent the competition) , and I will be pleased to see 2k sports back. I had to buy an xbox just to be able to play ESPN NFL 2k5 , worth it though.

Whilst we still won't see the NFL series for a while (EA you deserve to suffer for this) , it will be a massive relief to see their other franchises back on a Nintendo console.

That xbox 360 Table Tennis game would be great for wii. I suppose it is a bit to much to ask for GTA at the moment.

It seems to be more people seem bent on complaining than playing.

QFT

More games = better for the Wii as long as the average standard is maintained. For this reason I can understand why people get upset; as Nintendo fans we have high expectations ;)

Yeah everyone shut up and start playing games instead of complaining!god!:grin:

I personally think the more games the better. There'll always be some 8 year old who wants a game who doesn't know any better.

i cant understand that.I always knew licenced games were crap.Always.

Its mostly parents fault for buying those games for them.I think kids really do value gameplay over graphics in general!

unfortunatly that isnt true, my brother looks at games like Fifa 06 because of the gfx.... im like... GET PRO EVO

hes only 7 though, bless im :P

but its the same with the movies,

Finding Nemo V.S Bambi

Finding Nemo is more gfx'y

i think its probably more girls that dont care about graphics!MY NIECE(5 YEARS OLD)plays 2d mario games and 2d sonic games and loves them and is very good at them!

Kids are a very hard market to a certain extent. If you play a 2D game in front of them and look like you're having fun they want to play. Otherwise they'd go for the most recent looking game, seeing as they don't know any better.

I tried to teach my nephew that graphics don't mean squat but children don't understand.

Sign in to follow this