NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
er-no

The film is doing well :)

Firstly. Thanks to the members of Revo-Europe who have purchased my short film and all its extras on DVD :D

(I look forward to your feedback Lammie) ;)

As for the rest of you, and those who haven't ordered - go on, help a fellow gamer out and support my next filming project.

The reason for this new topic. Just to keep anyone who is interested updated in the film and its whereabouts. It's getting really good feedback from people in the film/tv industry and it's going off to its first festival at the end of the month, with Sundance 07 and Cannes next year hopefully somehow letting it through to get showcased (there aren't many short action films like it)

p1space.gif

If you haven't ordered it and would like to ask any questions, please do :) I'm making the last batch of DVD's this week as they take me a bit of time to shape up, box up and ship - but for you its worth it. I promise ;)

Also, check out the link below for a bit more info on the making of and covering of the film:

Spotlight on Project One!

Trailer:

Project One: Teaser Trailer!

And if you haven't. Check out the trailer and post the link around, it would really help in these last two weeks of net exposure :) Go on?

Cheers

Joby Stephens

I have the DVD and highly recommend people picking it up. It's not often we get to see fellow forumers hard work come off as it does in this film.

Great work Joby i loved it. great news that you're getting good feedback from the industry, you deserve it mate.

i havent seen this yet, but im downloading the trailer right now so if impressed then i probably will buy it!

i havent seen this yet, but im downloading the trailer right now so if impressed then i probably will buy it!

And what say you marshmellow_7?

:)

ILL BUY IT! haha where do i order from and how long will it take to get to Unalaska, AK in the US? i cant wait

I think ill buy this, the trailer was good, how long is the feature?

Willt he next thing you do be called Project. Two?

ILL BUY IT! haha where do i order from and how long will it take to get to Unalaska, AK in the US? i cant wait

About a week from time of post :)

Post is also included in price, so its all good :)

I think ill buy this, the trailer was good, how long is the feature?

Willt he next thing you do be called Project. Two?

The DVD has video footage to about an hour in content. The short movie itself is 13 mins long :)

And no.. the next projects name and the other projects in production at the moment by myself/team are revealed on the DVD :)

If i like the trailer i might just buy this :)

99%... 100&

*watches*

EDIT: If i get the money befroe you runout, consider me getting one :)

If i like the trailer i might just buy this :)

99%... 100&

*watches*

EDIT: If i get the money befroe you runout, consider me getting one :)

I'll make an extra few copies and jot down your forum name on it tonight :)

I'm pretty sure its at the Post Office waiting for me to pick it up. Would have had it Monday but I've been at uni 9-5 the last 3 days so by the time I get home the PO is shut. Fecking public sector....what about after hours!

I'm pretty sure its at the Post Office waiting for me to pick it up. Would have had it Monday but I've been at uni 9-5 the last 3 days so by the time I get home the PO is shut. Fecking public sector....what about after hours!

Come on Lammie!.... You're opinion matters :)

I'm ordering it :) It just takes a few days as money has to be transferred from place to place. Even when it's not much, but I don't have paypal/credit card.

The trailer wont work for me :( I get an error message

Get quicktime 7 or VLC media player. I watched it with VLC. Any other media player just gives me an error message or doesn't play the file.

The trailer - as it says on the site, has been encoded with quicktime 7 (h264 codec - just like the new film trailers).

Quicktime 7 will play it. Everyone should have quicktime 7 anyways :)

Everyone should have quicktime 7 anyways :)

But there comes some stuff that I don't want on my PC with quicktime. Like the ipodservice and itunes (seriously last time I installed this and tried to uninstall I had to format/re-install.). I'll stick to the alternative :)

Just had my personal screening of 'Project One'.

Well what can I say. Buy it people, and get Joby to sign it - it'll be an investment come 10 years time.

For a film by a bunch of students and a budget of exactly nothing (see inside DVD case) it has incredible production value. It's not like they've nicked a DV Handycam and borrowed a copy of iMovie - this is pro. You've got a cache of weponry, fancy flippy-punchy fights, and the odd corpse falling 30 to 50 feet. Oh yeah, and the truck. How the fuck did you get hold of that - and who got court marshalled?

It may be low on dialogue and has simple plot - but it's an action movie - it's how they should be. I've seen many an action flick where dialogue and stupidly complex scripts have made what should be an enjoyable 90 minutes equatable to watching compost decompose (ie: most Schwartzenegger movies and every season of 24). That said, with the minimal dialogue you still know what is exactly going on - so Joby has obviously got the skill of directing nailed. So sit back and watch the blood spurt and the grey matter spray. Plus it stars that guy who was in that short movie about him sleeping all day and whacking off. Tops.

Im pretty interested. Any chance you could hold back a signed copy for a week or so? Very cash strapped atm.

Im pretty interested. Any chance you could hold back a signed copy for a week or so? Very cash strapped atm.

Done and done :)

Could you sign my copy ? It's the one that's going finland. It should've been ordered :)

Could you sign my copy ? It's the one that's going finland. It should've been ordered :)

Will try to... once I've burnt them etc I put them into a loving pile...

again, will do my best :)

Thank you I'll post my comments here when I have watched it.

This reminded me, I should really buy the star wreck dvd. As I liked the movie. The acting was... well non-professional but it made me laugh pretty hard.

Just had my personal screening of 'Project One'.

Tops.

Thanks for your extended comment Lammie, meant a lot to read another comment and they all drive me towards the next projects completion.

:)

Sign in to follow this