NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

What SHOULD This Thread Be About?

Ok so I was half-way through typing out a response to my very own thread about not being able to respond to threads when I realised that, for a change, I could make a new thread out of my comment instead.

What makes a good thread?

More specifically, what sorts of thread do you like to read and/or reply to?

For me, it's usually threads to do with music - usually so I can attempt to defent Emo, or generally just to try and spread the word of music I like and think everyone whould hear at least once.. *cough* Senses Fail *cough*. I like most debates about religion and philosophy even though I'm a relative noob to those discussions and generally all these topics are the same; generally my replies are all teh same too.

I like threads which involve the reader, so instead of just posting a link somewehre and saying "how cool is this!" I prefer the thread to ask a question WITH the link.

I think most people prefer threads where tehy get to talk about themselves, because everyone likes to feel interesting *cough* The Acadamy Is... - Classifieds *cough*, yet nobody really wants to read about anyone else.

I like the quiz thread but i'm really not regular enough to compete with that.

*cough*65daysofstatic*cough* How about you?

its good when you get a topic everyone can get involved with on the entire forum!

music is a good suggestion. big events in the world (such as rita topic) everyone has an opinion on music, and world events.

Contraversial things can be fun to talk about, such as debates on certain topics

i suppose it all depends on the person really!

EDIT: the polls are a good wee feature, shame they aint used much

some tv program threads are good, but not everyone watches popular tv programs.

its good when you get a topic everyone can get involved with on the entire forum!

I'd say that was the most important thing too, CE and RE heavyweight Lockey was, from what I remember, always good at making threads where everyone could put their penneth worth in.

I've always thought about making a thread like this, but like you said before, most of us always re-read whatever we've wrote and think nah, it's all aload of bollocks.

Anyway, i think the most important basis of a thread is to include a question which can appeal to the widest audience. This thread is a perfect example of the above, and appeals to every member in some respect as we all have an opinion...........

Maybe I just looked into this all abit too deeply...............great topic anyway.

This is one of the best topics because everyone gets to comment on what they'd like to discuss

so this thread FTW :grin:

This is one of the best topics because everyone gets to comment on what they'd like to discuss

That's nice :) Shame only 5 people in 25 views agree...

I'd say a thread that talked about something cheery that everyone loved. Like Christmas... ¬_¬

Well people shouldn't moan about uninteresting threads if they dont get in here and say what they want instead :)

I usually respond to a thread that actually has discussion. Normally I dislike responding to threads with a pasted article and no insight or speculation to get discussion going. This one being one of the ones that I was inspired to respond to.

I could'nt agree more Emo on people just posting a link. I mean to me thats slightly bordering on spam, and I don't even bother to click the link these days unless its a very interesting one. Because to me a subject saying 'WTF!!'

Then a link....and bugger all else is pretty boring. It always helps to give abit of feedback or information on what exactly your posting - so I don't have to keep clicking.

I think a thread about Bowser57 would go down nicely.

I love you Chris.

Anyhow, I quite like threads which generate positive responses, or ones where you get to learn a little about forum users lives away from the forum.

I would say so also but most good threads get locked due to mods not liking rather then wether the thread is good or not

What makes a shit thread?

Polling

What makes a great thread?

Something that provokes even the most stubbourn minded person's thoughts.

What category does this thread fall under?

Polling

Sign in to follow this