N-Europe

Binaural beats

eel

Interesting. I'm sceptical without hearing it, especially seeing as "binaural" usually refers to sounds recorded by two microphones in the position of ears, to give a "perfect" stereo experience.

Nevertheless, I suppose this is potentially possible, but definitely not unique; I remember hearing that Mozart was composed to be "in tune with your brain rhythms", supposedly by subconcious design. But does "brain rhythms" mean anything, and who understands them enough to compose music to alter them?

Well this can't be it says that i plays sounds lower than 10Hz. And the lowest frequency my heaphones can play is 11Hz... And most of the stock home stereo equipment cuts off before 10 Hz. Seems like placebo to me.

was researching this and ye misunderstand it.

the binaural refers to two diffrent frequencies being played into each ear. The brain then takes the difference of this two frequencies and displays it own Eg: if a frequency of 410Hz was played in the left ear and a freq pf 401Hz was played in the right the brain would resonate a freq of 9hz. These freq below 20 hz are the frequencies at which the brain works at and so hearing them will change the brains frequency and its currant state, binaural beats allows this freq to be produced becuase the ear itself can not hear below 20 hz.

Binaural beats is not new age, it is entirely scientific and acepted by modern scientists like lucid dreaming is. It is highly doubted that it works as a placebo but little research has being conducted on this, anyways it still works.

And why u call it 'shit' :red:

Hope that cleared some stuff up :)

This is amazing. There is a program out there for it and I have it. The only thing about it is that i couldn't get rid of the 3d sound on my system, it just wont go away. Basically if i played a drum on right ONLY i could still hear it on the left earphone abit, so i'm not sure if it worked correctly when I used the program. It is quite relaxing though, and there is different schemes, such as Sleep to Awake, Awake to Sleep and Concentration and Creativeness. Basically they just change the brain waves to what you usually have when you are concentrating or going to sleep, and then you can sleep and stuff. It's pretty cool.

Oh ya!! Lucid Dreaming, i do that, love it :D

ya i used that prgram but for some reason it doeasnt have the desired effect. Mybe because sub consiously i'm a sceptic or my ear phones are nu:shakehead l. Do ye's all use those big seiniesser earphones?