N-Europe

Sticky PSP...

CooInTheZoo

And before you say ANYTHING its not in this state cuz of wanking. it actually had a shampoo bottle leak over it for a day (shiiit) and now some of the buttons dont work properlly, or they are slow to react. i cant turn the sound down at all! So any suggestions would be apreciated.

No I'm not crazy:

If you can remove the battery, do this. ONLY IF YOU CAN REMOVE IT: Then place the psp in warm water and let it soak till it's clean. Afterwards let it dry for a few days in a warm, dry place.

NOTE: I use this method to clean dust from my graphics cards, and am NOT sure that no water will stick behind the screen, I don't know how a PSP is built. But if it dries long and well enough it should have no problems.

Make sure the PSP is 100% dry before even putting the battery back in though otherwise the result wouldn't be nice. It would completely die. The circuit boards will fry etc. I doubt it's that soundly built though, water will go behind the screen.

I'd still find it safer to open it up and clean it. I'm sure that there are a number of websites on how to dismantle the thing. Use cotton swabs and if you can find any pure ethanol, use that to clean it up. I think that the screen would not like any water...