NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shoe

Games you regret getting...

It's a poor GTA clone, and GTA isnt even that good anyway!

Lol, why you decide to buy it?

It was an impulse buy in a bargain bin. It only cost me £7 but that didn't make me feel any better about it.

It was an impulse buy in a bargain bin. It only cost me £7 but that didn't make me feel any better about it.

My Smugglers Run was 7 pound as well , wasn't worth it.

I got luigi's mansion for free 2nd hand with a bundle. I think thats the only price worth getting it for...

1. Wave race blue storm (It's just stupid with the everything)

2. Super monkey ball (Lost it's joy fast)

3. Sonic collection (Too hard and boring and stupid)

4. Prince of persia (Stopped working and is short)

how in gods are sonic games hard!???super monkey ball 2 is so so much fun.maybe the one could have had more

All the games I regretted buying I took back so none.

Yah, I didn't get any glitches in any of the POP games. In sands of time once though, I was playing and the screen froze and went all distorted and fuzzy with loads of purple. But thats all, it only happened once. The only other game I've ever encountered a glitch in was Ikaruga...which deleted my memory card, the bastard.

Speaking of Ikaruga... Am I the only one who regretted buying Ikaruga? It looks cool and all but it's TOO FREAKIN' HARD! For crying out loud, if I buy a game, I'd expect to at least have some fun with it, not want to smash the controller after 2 minutes playing it!

Am I really such a terrible player or is it "normal" to suck at Ikaruga?

You've just missed out 3 of gamecubes best games just to let you know... if you dont like those games then what do you like?

I know they are regarded as 3 of the best GC games, so it saddens me that I did not like them.

I bought my GC mostly for Phantasy Star Online, as I loved it for DC. Baten Kaitos was also very nice, and Tales of Symphonia too. Super Monkey Ball was one of the best non-rpg games I had, Harvest Moon was fun, animal Crossing was awesome. Skies of Arkadia I didn't buy myself, as I already had the DC vesion, but I know that was great too. I also had Resident Evil, but it came with the console, I didn't think it was very fun, but it was a bit... interesting. Oh, and Zelda WW was also nice, although boring towards the end. Pikmin was fun too.

I'm too addicted to RPG games, and story intenive games like Shenmue. I wish the GC would've had more good rpg games.

sonic rush(its really typical hedgehog bollox)

wave race blue storm(ride waves yeah yeah with annoying controller and hard to remember tricks)

pikmin(uugh dont get me started)

Speaking of Ikaruga... Am I the only one who regretted buying Ikaruga? It looks cool and all but it's TOO FREAKIN' HARD! For crying out loud, if I buy a game, I'd expect to at least have some fun with it, not want to smash the controller after 2 minutes playing it!

Am I really such a terrible player or is it "normal" to suck at Ikaruga?

No you aren't a terrible player. You are an average player, Ikaruga was a game that appealed to me because it reminded me of the good old days of shooters on the Snes and Megadrive. It took a lot of mastering, and I mean a lot, but it was never unfair, ever and thats what set it apart from any other hardcore shooter I've ever played, when you died, you felt you deserved it and didn't feel the need to hurl the controller at the wall. The day I finished level 5, I felt like a champion, and there's no feeling to compare. Sad? Perhaps, but I live with it. Gets my vote for best shooter of all time alongside R-type 2 and Fantasy Zone.

sonic rush(its really typical hedgehog bollox)

wave race blue storm(ride waves yeah yeah with annoying controller and hard to remember tricks)

pikmin(uugh dont get me started)

I thought Sonic Rush was the best sonic I've ever played. Wave Race Blue Storm was one of the only racers I've ever been able to tolerate....wierd...

I know they are regarded as 3 of the best GC games, so it saddens me that I did not like them.

I bought my GC mostly for Phantasy Star Online, as I loved it for DC. Baten Kaitos was also very nice, and Tales of Symphonia too. Super Monkey Ball was one of the best non-rpg games I had, Harvest Moon was fun, animal Crossing was awesome. Skies of Arkadia I didn't buy myself, as I already had the DC vesion, but I know that was great too. I also had Resident Evil, but it came with the console, I didn't think it was very fun, but it was a bit... interesting. Oh, and Zelda WW was also nice, although boring towards the end. Pikmin was fun too.

I'm too addicted to RPG games, and story intenive games like Shenmue. I wish the GC would've had more good rpg games.

Fire emblem?

No you aren't a terrible player. You are an average player, Ikaruga was a game that appealed to me because it reminded me of the good old days of shooters on the Snes and Megadrive. It took a lot of mastering, and I mean a lot, but it was never unfair, ever and thats what set it apart from any other hardcore shooter I've ever played, when you died, you felt you deserved it and didn't feel the need to hurl the controller at the wall. The day I finished level 5, I felt like a champion, and there's no feeling to compare. Sad? Perhaps, but I live with it. Gets my vote for best shooter of all time alongside R-type 2 and Fantasy Zone.

I thought Sonic Rush was the best sonic I've ever played. Wave Race Blue Storm was one of the only racers I've ever been able to tolerate....wierd...

I got it from those opinions.NOM saying it was the best sonic game ever.YA right!Sonic 2had more levels way better music and a 2 player game that works and thats about 14 years old

Sonic Rush though is a ray of light upon Sonic games at the moment though considering the standards of the dire Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes.

But i have to agree Sonic 2 owns all, one of my favourite past-times is playing multiplayer on that game with my brother.

Which Sonic game was it that had a slot on top which was an additional cartridge slot and let you play as Knuckles (i think) through another Sonic game?

But i have to agree Sonic 2 owns all

Agreed.

I thought Sonic Rush was dire. Tiny little Sonic disappearing in the gap between the screens. It just didn't work for me. So, that's another game I regret getting.

Sonic Rush though is a ray of light upon Sonic games at the moment though considering the standards of the dire Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes.

But i have to agree Sonic 2 owns all, one of my favourite past-times is playing multiplayer on that game with my brother.

Which Sonic game was it that had a slot on top which was an additional cartridge slot and let you play as Knuckles (i think) through another Sonic game?

sonic and knuckles was the cartridge which enables u to put either sonic 2 or 3 on top.SOnic 3 and knuckes were amazing togther

I got it from those opinions.NOM saying it was the best sonic game ever.YA right!Sonic 2had more levels way better music and a 2 player game that works and thats about 14 years old

Yeah, I agree with you there, Sonic Rush had the most annoying "music" I've ever encountered in a videogame. But it can't be denied that the single player game was immense, I still play it quite a lot...but yeah, nothing really comes close to the feeling when you pop in your dusty copy of Sonic 2 or Sonic and Knuckles after not having played it for 3 years...and you remember just why you loved Sonic to begin with.

I had sonic compendium for megadrive. Included sonics 1 nd 2 and mean bean machine. They are all soo good and the music is immense (green hill zone!) 3D Sonic is pointless...

I think the music off the first Sonic is still the best. I love the Starlight Zone music.

I still havent played Rush yet and I got it on release day. Its just sitting on my shelf as I never got around to giving it a go due to the other games that came out around its release. For all I know my copy could be busted.

final fantasy christal chronicals my friend told me it had an amazing story line (this is the same friend who claims there is a pokemon black version)

any way i got board withit in an hour a compleat waste of 50$ (canadian).

i may rent the wii version though.

id u would be disappointed.Sonic 3 had the best 1 player overall but the 2 player in sonic 2 is far too good.I still play it with my friends(but we hate the special zone)

sonic 1 is good but i canjt get over the fact that u cant charge.I know it was the first sonic but sonic 2 was improved in all ways.

Pikmin

Turok Evolution

Bomberman Generations

NBA Courtside 2002

Die Hard Vendetta

Smugglers Run Warzone

Sega Soccer Slam

My regrets:

Geist - How boring... "In order to open this door, you have to scare a dog by shaking its dog food at it whilst constantly shitting yourself because a little girl constantly flies around your backside saying something that sounds like salami at very random times, you must then possess the dog and bark at some rats..." Yeah you get the idea

Plus it looks worse than Superman 64 :nono:

Final Fantasy CC - I do actually want freedom whilst playing my games, having to carry about the torch all the time was quite irritating, especially when you are constantly being approached by the wierd creatures in the game. Im sure multiplayer was fun, but in all fairness it was very gimmicky, i was the only one to have a GBA, if we wanted to share the experience we had to fork out potentially another £200 quid to have a full immersive multiplayer experiece. It was a very pretty game though, and i will be getting the Wii version, mainly because im hopiing for Wi-fi compatibility.

And for the person who mentioned the Bumble bee game for the N64, that was Buck Bumble. And yes that game was almost as fun as trying to put out a flaming bag of shit with your feet.

XGIII

I love the arcade style of the first 2, so naturally I just got the 3rd one. The change in style to a "realistic" one ruined the series. After completing the main game (which would of been no different if it was a time-trail game), i luckily managed to trade it for Burnout.

Turok Evolution

Like XGIII, the gameplay was changed to a more "realistic" style (this time with crappy flying bits tacked on), and ruined the main good points of the N64 game.

F-Zero GX

Ruined my social life. Forever. Still haven't fully completed story mode.

Sign in to follow this