N-Europe

25 Minute Miyamoto interview [Kotaku Feature]

Nintendork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK4v9r2zYGc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ekotaku%2Ecom%2F

The interview has Miyamoto looking generally quite bored- playing with his toys.

It is probably the interview from which the 'Miyamoto ejects a game from Wii' footage came from.. I'm a few minutes into it, and I'm not feeling anything amazingly new.

But when Miyamoto speaks he's usually worth listening to and I know many of you enjoy it.

Well the Wii remote is gonna be small for us, Miyamoto has small hands and it looks snug in his hand. I'm happy that it's small.. less stretching for the thumb.

Also there is confirmation that they are working on the DS/Wii connectivity.

With the popularity of the DS around the world, but especially in Japan it makes sense- the hardware is set and will definitely function with the Wii however they need to decide on intuitive, fluid and worthwhile DS Wii functionality.

"These are the decisions that we haven't made yet" but you can be it will be microphone and touch screen beneficial.. lets say drawing some patterns, designing your characetuer.

It has to be substantial enough to warrant the DS purchase for a Wii owner.. and substantial enough for the Wii purchase from a DS owners point of view.

They have their heads screwed on and I think it's rad- the Wii controller is not all singing all dancing- it can't emulate processes that require a solid surface.

I don't know how they're gonna make trauma center work on Wii without a solid surface to rest on.

It's gonna be fiddley

Well the Wii remote is gonna be small for us, Miyamoto has small hands and it looks snug in his hand. I'm happy that it's small.. less stretching for the thumb.

Also there is confirmation that they are working on the DS/Wii connectivity.

With the popularity of the DS around the world, but especially in Japan it makes sense- the hardware is set and will definitely function with the Wii however they need to decide on intuitive, fluid and worthwhile DS Wii functionality.

"These are the decisions that we haven't made yet" but you can be it will be microphone and touch screen beneficial.. lets say drawing some patterns, designing your characetuer.

It has to be substantial enough to warrant the DS purchase for a Wii owner.. and substantial enough for the Wii purchase from a DS owners point of view.

They have their heads screwed on and I think it's rad- the Wii controller is not all singing all dancing- it can't emulate processes that require a solid surface.

I don't know how they're gonna make trauma center work on Wii without a solid surface to rest on.

It's gonna be fiddley

Thats exactly what I was thikning about Trauma Centre. Agree with the rest of that aswell, the potential is huge, and the important thing this time round, and a reason why I think they could push it as a selling point is theres no extra wires and stuff you need to buy. If you have a DS and a Wii you're all set. Plus it actually has something the Wii doesn't in the touch screen. GC/GBA connectivity was boring, but I'm actually really interested to see what they come up with for this.