NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Eurovision 2006

I also had a friend texting me who was against Finland, she was going on and saying that they were probably cheating.

Yes I feel that too. I think we cheated by actually bringing some good music to eurovision : peace:

YEAH! I won £65! :yay: 12/1 my arse they were sure fire winners!

AH crap, why didn't i think of that?

At those odds i would have thrown down 100 euro and made a killing, there was so much buzz about Finland before the show you'd think the bookies would have made them the odds on favourite

Is it just me, or was that a suited Mr. Tycho Brahe rocking out?

This is hilarious.

WARNING: Contains harsh language in squeky voice...

She's amazing.

(Is this amazing joke getting old?)

AH crap, why didn't i think of that?

At those odds i would have thrown down 100 euro and made a killing, there was so much buzz about Finland before the show you'd think the bookies would have made them the odds on favourite

I know! I told my family but they and (a little bit of me) was worried that due to them getting negative comments in the press about them getting banned or some sh*t that they wouldn't win!

I was so sure they would though! I wish i put more on them! Nevermind £65 is great! :awesome:

I know! I told my family but they and (a little bit of me) was worried that due to them getting negative comments in the press about them getting banned or some sh*t that they wouldn't win!

I was so sure they would though! I wish i put more on them! Nevermind £65 is great! :awesome:

yeah you can go buy a game or two with that:grin:

When it comes to music my opinon of the press is that they know sod all...they try to create music trends by over hyping "pop stars/groups", they didn't like Lordi simply because they didn't fit the presses "image" of "celebraty"

My thoughts:

1 - Lithuania's We're Win-ners didn't catch my attention the 1st time, but now I've heard it twice, including the 'rehearsal', now I love it! It's FANTASTIC :yay:

2 - That iceland woman thing goes right over my head. I think I just don't get it. Maybe understanding the character she plays is important (?)

3 - Couldn't believe how well Romania one did, but hearing it again I guess it's very "continental euro".

4 - That Greek woman. Good song and good singing, but her movement reminded me of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder from around 2:00 onward.

5 - UK. It was probably too 'contemporary' for europeans. It had a strong melody in the repeats, but the rapping bit wouldn't go down well in europe I reckon.

6 - Most songs need to grow on you before you can appreciate it. Many songs in this Eurovision were like that. But, Finland overcame that with fantastic visuals. It just grabbed my attention regardless of what I thought of the song itself. Good tactics there by the Finns.

7 - I voted for Croatia, it was somehow catchy at the time and felt very outlandish in an attractive sort of way. Seeing the votes, I guess I'm the alone in the UK. I thought Ukraine was good at the time, but now I saw it again it's not as good.

If anyone is interested,

is another song that could've been showed at eurovision. But it lost in the voting to hard rock hallelujah.

Retro-lover you can find the Lordi performance on youtube. There's more than 10 different versions though...

If anyone is interested,
is another song that could've been showed at eurovision. But it lost in the voting to hard rock hallelujah.

Retro-lover you can find the Lordi performance on youtube. There's more than 10 different versions though...

I prefer that to Hard Rock Hallelujah. But they won, thats the important thing.

for some weird reason i loved turkeys entry-soo bad its good- but i thought sweeden was the more traditional eurovisiob winner. im not sure how i feel about lordi wining but hey ho we gave finland 12 points so i guess everyone loved it-and with a score of somat like 292 who can argue!

long live the finnish slipknot meets norse mythology hoarde!