NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nucleus

Aoe3

Downloaded the Age of Empires 3 demo yesterday. Plays great so far and has loads of new features. Anyone else downloaded it? What do you think?

300 odd MB if i remember. I simply can't wait for the full game when it ships in Nov (i think.)

My friend's impressions on it aren't good, they think its crap and lost its fun that the old ones had. Not like their opinions matter anyway, :P

I want to try it for myself but when I downloaded the demo I had installation problems. Anyone know when it is comnig out? i'm sure I'll love it so i'm definately buying.

I downloaded it the other day but my graphics card is broke and it won't play on my onboard graphics :(. So im gonna have to wait till its fixed to play it, so any info about it such as changes?

Well aside from the obvious changes such as graphics and physics, the main difference is the time period that the game takes place in.

The game is set between 1500 and 1850 CE, and will be set entirely in the New World, covering the European colonization of America.

As well as this is the brand new feature of home cities.

Home cities let your colony request shipments from their city back in Europe. You acquire these shipments by gaining experience (XP), which can be obtained by destroying an enemy building, building a trade route, finding a treasure on the map, or many other methods. Before every game, you get to select up to 20 "cards" (shipments), and get to use those cards during gameplay to assist in dismantling your opponent. However, some shipments are Age-specific, meaning a shipment of food crates might be available in the Discovery Age, but an army of Mercenaries will require the Industrial Age.

Don't worry. The aspect of "cards" hasn't lowered the level of gameplay.

I'm sure there's something i've missed but those are the main differences.

Looks sexy, but the gameplay is a little different.

I'm just so used to my pretty precious Age of Empires II.

Just played the trail for the first time, and it seems to be really great and I look forward to it, but it just kind of feels weird to get use to, or is it just me?

I think once I get use to if for a few weeks I'll love it, but loading it up for first time its like wer-wer -wha? lol.

Sign in to follow this