NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii to be the E3 winner?

Yeah, I posted the article about that in the General Chatter thread. :) Oops, forgot about this thread...

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/708/708558p1.html

Nintendo's booth even broke every E3 record! I don't like being cruel, but I have to admit I would have loved to have seen Evil Ken and Kaz Hirai's faces when they saw the human tidal wave hitting the Nintendo booth. :D

Evil Ken: "Hahah! We have many people in our booth! They believe in PS3!"

Guy in Crowd: "Er, actually, we're part of the queue waiting to play Wii."

Evil Ken: *sobs*

I'm convinced Nintendo will win the best show and console awards. But Game of the Show will be difficult, I have a feeling it will be Bioshock for the Xbox360. I played System Shock 2 years ago and it's still one of the best FPS I ever played.

Check out today's GFAQ poll :grin:

IGN:

If E3 2006 proved anything, it's that Nintendo fans have a lot to be happy about.

I'm starting to get really confident about Wii now, it seems the gamers are taking to it, and if all goes well it should be a massive hit with the mainstream. We'll see.

For me the Kotaku Wii stampede just proves tht the Wii will be the winner.

Reminds me of when I queed 4 or so hours to be amoung the first to play halo2 in the UK, it was worth it, if just for bragging rights.

Was that at gamestars live? Because i went to that...

GameFAQS - Which of the three next-gen consoles do you think you'll own by this time next year?

All three 6.75% 697

PS3 and Wii 17.08% 1763

PS3 and 360 4.48% 463

Wii and 360 13.05% 1347

Just a 360 4.05% 418

Just a PS3 17.03% 1758

Just a Wii 28.81% 2975

None of them 8.76% 904

To summerise:

Wii: 6085

PS3: 3984

360: 2228

Wii is doing much better than i expected.

Well, this time, its Nintendo who did the stealing, not sony (well, except sony stole the "motion sensor")

GameFAQS - Which of the three next-gen consoles do you think you'll own by this time next year?

It should be between the 2 next gen consoles and the 1 NEW gen console Wii :heh:

Wii60 all the way.

Ps3 can wait, whenever Hideo Kojima decides to release mgs4 (and that will be a hell of a lot longer then 12 months i can assure you) thats when i part the cash

It won, of course it did.. nobody ran to it first thing when doors opened.

Nobody queued hours to play it.

We can also conclude is that Nintendo fans rule the internet.

Nintendo's the winner though. Very little killer-apps on the other systems, and especially the PS3 was poor.

Yeah Apple and Nintendo fuck tards rule the internet.

I am so sick of digg having so many Nintendo/Apple stories.

Every 5 minutes it's like "OMG NINTENDO WII SCREENSHOT RELEASED" while an entire PS3 event goes on and nothing makes the front page.

My theory is that the Nintendo fans swamp the news sites and spam every non Nintendo story until all the people interested in reading them go to a Sony/Microsoft exclusive site.

That isn't a good thing at all.. digg sucks since the Apple/Nintendo hype bois started running around acting like losers.

Joystiq had to be split up into the fanboy empires because of Nintendo flame wars between DS/Revolution + PSP/PS3 fanboys.

I'm quite ashamed to be a Nintendo fan right now when making comments in the blogosphere.

Was that at gamestars live? Because i went to that...

Yup, it was well good, I hope they do it again sometime, did you get any of those free animal crossing tedide/keyring thingys, they went in like 30 seconds, (I got 3) :D -there so cool.

Every 5 minutes it's like "OMG NINTENDO WII SCREENSHOT RELEASED" while an entire PS3 event goes on and nothing makes the front page.

I really don't get what you are on about, nintendo had a good show sony did not end off. The reason nothing made front page from sony was because nothing was new, it's all sequals. I'm not just saying nintendo had a good show, microsoft, sega, and ubisoft (and many more) all did well this year.

Like mario114 said Sony had a really poor showing even the most Hardcore Sony fan should admit it. I remember a few years ago when Nintendo had a shoddy show where all they showed was the GBA connectivity and I admitted it was terrible. The reason for all the Nintendo hype is because they have always been seen as the underdog and now they have fought back with style. Its a very exciting time to be a Nintendo fan....I should know.

Sonys que

E3_PS3--screenshot_large.jpg

(looks like 6 second from here to me)-hehe

Nintendo's

E3_Wii--screenshot_large.jpg

Says it all really. :D

(taken at the same time).

It's just that from the manufacturers of the best selling games console in video gaming today (Sony's Playstation/Playstation 2), everyone expected a lot more and they didn't deliver. Their conference was a boring, stale affair and hasn't exactly painted a good picture for the future. The images posted above further validate the Sony-bashing. They fucked up bigtime.

Not to say the Nintendo Wii's controller is perfect, I've heard a few stories around about the controller's shortcomings that could make even the most proud fanboys cry. Still, I'm sure the positive outweighs the negative.

However, I don't like Sony, so anything I say is gonna be biased.

sony try to do many things with just 1 console

they dont understand people are gonna buy a games console 4 games

Two words, and two words only to say about the Sony conference:

"RRIIDDGGEE RRAACCEERR!"

Note: I said that as a joke, for those who've seen the "Sony E3 conference in minute" video.