N-Europe

One Piece Unlimited Adventure

DiemetriX

I'm a bit disappointed to learn that this is English only, I don't want any 'gum gum punch' in place of my 'gomu gomu no pistol', thankyouverymuch. Might not bother with it now.

They use "Gum Gum Pistol" actually. Most of the attack names are kept the same as the Japanese versions as well.

And I agree, the Japanese actors are better, but the new English ones are also good.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Luffy says すごい (sugoi) but the way he says it is awesome, he says 'sugoeeeieieeeeehhhehhhh' - ok that didn't really make it sound awesome, but it is.

I'm a bit disappointed to learn that this is English only, I don't want any 'gum gum punch' in place of my 'gomu gomu no pistol', thankyouverymuch. Might not bother with it now.

Quoted for win, and agreed. :smile:

They use "Gum Gum Pistol" actually. Most of the attack names are kept the same as the Japanese versions as well.

And I agree, the Japanese actors are better, but the new English ones are also good.

Hmm if they kept the same name for "most" of the Japanese versions then why didn't they keep them for "all"? it's completely nonsensical to change one of the most famous attacks just as it is not to code the game in Japanese voice with UK Subs, it just pisses fans off. :/

Ah, so they're using the new funimation dubs instead of the 4kids dubs? ok... a bit more interested. Perhaps if I stumble accross £40 at some point :)

Hmm if they kept the same name for "most" of the Japanese versions then why didn't they keep them for "all"? it's completely nonsensical to change one of the most famous attacks just as it is not to code the game in Japanese voice with UK Subs, it just pisses fans off. :/

I think they did actually. I know they kept those attacks the CP9 used the same.

• 2 months later...

Yeah this sucks, it is a good game. They could just releasing it in the UK since it won't need any translation, but I doubt that will happen.

But anyways, what is Bandai Namcos website anyway? I e-mailed the US one and they told me to got to the UK site. But the UK site just lists arcade machine games.

This truly does suck! I may have to import a game for the first time with my Wii. Regardless of what the games like, its fan service, and with that in mind, from all the trailers and videos I've seen, I'd enjoy it.

That's just how it is, they don't have much stuff in Europe, or aparently want to. Hell... Even US sometimes.

So True

Curses! Does that mean Unlimited Cruise will follow suit?

*snip image*

It looked so awesome :weep:

I'd imagine so, yes. It might mean that Bandai won't even release it in the US. Not unless FUNImation push them to do it.

Yeah this sucks, it is a good game. They could just releasing it in the UK since it won't need any translation, but I doubt that will happen.

It's just plain stupid not releasing it in Europe considering just France is the second worldwide market for mangas just behind Japan. Add other countries and I think you got a lot of potential buyers. :indeed:

They don't even have to make dubs for the game since most anime watchers prefer japanese voices and not the truly awful french ones (and One Piece is one of the worst for that)... don't know if dubbers are also lazy in other countries.

• 1 month later...

Damnit, let's do a Petition, guys.

I'l do a lot of answers using different guys :P

I really need this game, so awesome.