NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Oh yeah cos last time i checked, you can't have fun unless you're just button bashing.

Grow up.

Hmmmm... When did I say I wanted a button basher???

But Smash Bros. is supposed to be a fun game, where sometimes a complete amateur can beat you because they get a Hammer, or the good Pokéballs...

If you want a fighter purely based on the 'skillz' you've got then Smash just isn't for you... If it is then, like the 'online' Mario Strikers players, you just suck all the fun out of it!!

But Smash Bros. is supposed to be a fun game, where sometimes a complete amateur can beat you because they get a Hammer, or the good Pokéballs...

If you want a fighter purely based on the 'skillz' you've got then Smash just isn't for you... If it is then, like the 'online' Mario Strikers players, you just suck all the fun out of it!!

Oh god not this again.

Let's just drop this cos most of that post just makes me laugh. If you play smash with items and such just to mess around with mates then yeah a noob can beat u with a hammer or get a pokemon like raikou to destroy you, but you also must remember that the game has more depth in it than any other fighting game.

anyway, let's NOT talk about this again (for a while anyway), because it annoys me how every 4-5 pages this pops up.

Final update of the week 2mro! What's everyone expecting/hoping?

I'm not sure the rate at which these things appear. Granted, the demo was probably tweaked to emphasise the new item, but is it always certain your going to have at least one appear in every match at some point, say you pay a 1 minute match, get one then, 2 minute match, get two then perhaps? Things will even out as you have lengthier matches. I don't think they'll ruin the game as per say Mario Power Tennis's Power Shots as some of them aren't really effective at all, if not in the right hands or the people/ai you're versing happen to have good evasive skills...

There is the happy middle ground you know? It can be fun without randomly dying every 2 mins because somebody got *insert uber cool insanely powerful power up here*

My objection is it ending up like Double Dash, where you can spend a whole race in 1st just to get knocked back to last only meters before the line because of some silly power up like a Chain Chomp or Blue Shell

Pros know the weakness of all the items and know how to work around them. I charge headlong at hammers all the time.

Pros know the weakness of all the items and know how to work around them. I charge headlong at hammers all the time.

Lol hammers were probably the worst item on melee. It's weird though cos they were amazing back on 64.

And pro's on like that at all; they can work out the weakness of their opponents and get them into situations to take advantage of that (ie, mindgames, spacing, comboing). It's pretty similar to games like 3rd strike in that sense but the difference is that you have a large area to fight in, aswell as extra techniques in smash that can be used to speed up the game significantly. I was thinking about it today but there must be times when i'm pressing about 5-6 buttons every second during a match against zell (and that's not button bashing), and that's only possible due to the extra stuff they programme into the game.

Also, i was checking out the list of pokemon in the game and wow, apparantly gardevoir is in it...Kinda surprised me because i doubt many even know of her lol. I hope we gyarados :) He was always too awesome in the games :D

Also, they better give us a breathtaking zelda level; hyrule temple was stupidly big and boring and i want a level like Delfino plaza but that goes across Hyrule. I mean, imagine fighting next to the waterfall between gerudo valley and Lake hylia one moment and then suddenly having to fight at death mountain! God i REALLY hope we a level like that, it would seriously be so awesome :D

that level'll never happen, UNLESS we fight on that big phantom bird...thingy

Lol hammers were probably the worst item on melee. It's weird though cos they were amazing back on 64.

And pro's on like that at all; they can work out the weakness of their opponents and get them into situations to take advantage of that (ie, mindgames, spacing, comboing). It's pretty similar to games like 3rd strike in that sense but the difference is that you have a large area to fight in, aswell as extra techniques in smash that can be used to speed up the game significantly. I was thinking about it today but there must be times when i'm pressing about 5-6 buttons every second during a match against zell (and that's not button bashing), and that's only possible due to the extra stuff they programme into the game.

Also, i was checking out the list of pokemon in the game and wow, apparantly gardevoir is in it...Kinda surprised me because i doubt many even know of her lol. I hope we gyarados :) He was always too awesome in the games :D

Also, they better give us a breathtaking zelda level; hyrule temple was stupidly big and boring and i want a level like Delfino plaza but that goes across Hyrule. I mean, imagine fighting next to the waterfall between gerudo valley and Lake hylia one moment and then suddenly having to fight at death mountain! God i REALLY hope we a level like that, it would seriously be so awesome :D

Where did you see the list? And please tell me other Pokemon that are in it.

I'm going to have to agree with this; the pokemon and items are avoidable and items are there for all players to use, so it is fair to say to master Smash Bros you must also master the items...A Smash Bros without items would be pretty lame in my opinion...*slash, slash, throw, smash attack, smask attack <100% damage>*

Smash Brothers does not have the depth of some other fighters (Soul Calibur/Tekken in mind) in terms of movesets, so the items, pokemon and stage add to the depth. In that respect Smash is pretty deeeep.

Where did you see the list? And please tell me other Pokemon that are in it.

On smashboards there's a thread by Gimpyfish in which everyday he updates the thread with new info he got from e for All. So far he's gone into detail about all the assist trophies, all items, all pokemon (well that we've seen so far), all the levels and all the final smashes from the characters available. Infact, i think i might aswell copy and paste them lol.

Pokeballs work the same as they did in Smash 64 and Melee. One of the coolest items in the game, or at least they used to be back when they used first generation pokemon. Now I don’t know what is coming out of the pokeballs anymore. I seriously had written down in my notes “Off screen quick flying mcgee” because I didn’t know what to call one of them. But I THINK I have the names of all of them now, I really don’t know for sure though, so feel free to correct me if you see an error here. Just on a side note, I really really hate pokemon past the first generation, so I’m going to sound way less excited about these pokemon.

Kyogre – This is apparently some huge whale pokemon, he sprays water way above the stage from what I saw and was near useless in that regard. The water does no damage, it simply does knockback like Mario’s FLUDD. Kyogre himself does damage and knockback if he touches you though.

Piplup – Pilpup uses surf and is basically the new Marrill, but more effective. Surf seems to drag you off the stag much better than Marrill ever did. Still not that great of a pokemon though.

Munchlax – Munchlax loves to eat items. As soon as an item appears he dashes to it real quick and eats it. I don’t think he eats other pokeballs though

Bonsley – Apparently this stupid looking tree thing is called Bonsley. He doesn’t do anything but wander around as far as I can remember, but you can pick him up and throw him at your opponents for some really big knockback.

Groudon – Groudon looks like you expect. He’s really big. He doesn’t seem to really move very much if at all from what I remember, but if he touches you he does massive amounts of damage and knockback. Pretty cool visually I suppose.

Torchic – Torchic stays in place and Fire surrounds him. He is basically the Wheezing of Brawl. Does quite a bit of damage.

Chikorita – Same thing as in melee, but it seems harder to DI out of.

Snorlax – Snorlax does the same thing as in the other games, but seems to have even more knockback this time around.

Goldeen – Goldeen is again seemingly useless, HOWEVER with the new swimming feature added maybe we will see something happen if Goldeen flops into the water. But I doubt it.

Gardevoir– Gardivor basically comes out and makes a big circle force field around itself and floats around the screen. A lot of people didn’t know what this pokemon did, but it basically acts like a huge reflect zone on projectiles if they hit the circle. I’m not sure what happens if you use a projectile while inside of the circle though.

Latios/Latias – These pokemon come out of the pokeball and immediately fly off screen. Then they fly VERY quickly back onto the screen across the stage doing big knockback and big damage. They are very fast, but it seemed like they missed more often than they landed their attacks.

Thanks for the C&P. I really hate Goldeen and feel that Margikarp should do what it does...and maybe have a one off evolution turning into Gyarados and doing Dragon Rage.

Pokemon I want to see in it:

Ninjask: Think Beedril/Unown; rush at high speed.

Shedinja: Some sort of 'death' wish that gives everyone instant 100% damage

Empoloeon: Anything, that is one cool Pokemon.

Pidgeot: I feel a pidgeotto deserves a place in there, I can remember seeing Pidgeys on the Saffron City stage in the background.

Thanks for the C&P. I really hate Goldeen and feel that Margikarp should do what it does...and maybe have a one off evolution turning into Gyarados and doing Dragon Rage.

dude how about if it flops around like goldeen did, but if it gets hit or damaged it turns into gyarados and does a badass attack on the person who hit 'im, kinda a double-edged sword that way (ie dragon rage or better yet, Draco meteor! that would be awesome)

also i think there should be a meteos AT, it could be like beedrill/unknown except the stick on the stage and then explode or somrthin'.

dude how about if it flops around like goldeen did, but if it gets hit or damaged it turns into gyarados and does a badass attack on the person who hit 'im, kinda a double-edged sword that way (ie dragon rage or better yet, Draco meteor! that would be awesome)

also i think there should be a meteos AT, it could be like beedrill/unknown except the stick on the stage and then explode or somrthin'.

I'm with you on the Gyrados, it'll also be like one of those moral issues that Nintendo like to be apart of..."Don't attack the weak and innocent...Or you'll get ___!" As for Meteos...Uh, I'll look up Wikipedia to see what it is...But I'm generally for all pokemon ideas. Love the critters.

Edit: Understand what Meteos are now.

Hammers... make you very vulnerable. Get an attack in on a person with a hammer, and if they go offstage they're gonners.

mediocrosisqt4.jpg

Just a basic stage here. We should all make our own stages and nominate which ones are the best and which could possibly be made in Brawl for real... Can you cling onto ladders in mid air?

mediocrosisqt4.jpg

Just a basic stage here. We should all make our own stages and nominate which ones are the best and which could possibly be made in Brawl for real... Can you cling onto ladders in mid air?

don't see why not... they should, and if they don't i'll have to kick sakurai's ass over wi-fi

smashbros isn't a button basher it actualy takes skill to beat someone No one could beat me with melee and im no button basher

you have even in Dead or alive and Virtua fighter button bashers who actually beat you ,

but if you say a button basher player beats you that means you dont have any skills

This update would've been way more impactful if we didn't already knew about it a few weeks back.

On-Screen Entrances

As the match begins, the characters enter the screen with signature moves!

These fun entrances have been revived in Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

technique06_071102a-l.jpg

Mario appears out of a pipe. It’s pretty basic.

technique06_071102b-l.jpg

Fox dashes out of the Arwing.

technique06_071102c-l.jpg

The condor appears! It’s the Ice Climbers.

technique06_071102d-l.jpg

Pit comes riding in on light from the heavens.

technique06_071102e-l.jpg

Mr. Saturn’s tea table? Lucas appears!

technique06_071102f-l.jpg

Could that be warp magic? It’s Ike!

technique06_071102g-l.jpg

Snake’s optical camouflage breaks up as he lands.

There’s a three-second countdown before the match begins. And these are just a few of the fighters making their entrances.

[/Quote]

Well, we knew this already but at least we got some new ones now.