Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there is the question of Twilight Princess. It seems reasonable to believe the flooding of Hyrule mentioned in Wind Waker would cause the kind of culutural upheavel that could lead to the entire Hylian language changing from Anciant Hylian to Modern Hylian. Going off this idea, one could make the assumption that Twilight Princess, which takes place only a number of decades after Ocarina of Time, would retain the Anciant Hylian language. However, upon closer inspection of the second trailer for Twilight Princess, I discovered this to be untrue.

In one scene, Link battles a pack of skeleton wolves in an eerie graveyard. As Link attacks one of the wolves, sparks from his sword strike light up the face of the gravestones in the back. On these gravestones are epitaphs written in Modern Hylian! After very close inspection, I was able to make out the characters written on the gravestone:Though it's certainly possible a character or two are jumbled, I believe the Hylian characters shown above are correct. This epitaph translates to Japanese as "heiuso no umi ni kuwaete." I took this translation to our Japanese translator, Glitter Berri, and asked her if she had any idea what it meant. According to her translation of my text, the epitaph reads, "Drowned in Heiuso's Sea."

Now this is interesting! The gravestones clearly seem to make reference to a previously unheard of location in the game: Heiuso's Sea (or perhaps "Sea of Heiuso?"). Could this mean Hyrule will have a beach-like area by an open sea? Additionally, graveyards usually have a populus of some kind nearby. Perhaps we'll be seeing a seaside village. The possibilities are certainly exciting! With less than a month until Twilight Princess is released, I'm sure we'll all find out the truth soon enough...

so a sea area

who would have known

do you think the timeline will be revealed during the credits.

Honestly?

No. :hehe:

Why do so many people care about the game's timeline? What will you gain from knowing what order the games in The Legend of Zelda series take place?

looking closer at zelda power (website with the hyilian translation thing) i found some screens from the e3 demos of tp.

there was a guy with a sword on his back maybe there are wariors who walk around the towns that you can chalenge to a fight or something.

i hadn't seen most of the toru screens from the demo, some were interesting

This thread is getting more and more interesting, I think...

The Hylian language is indeed mysterious... I've always thought that Hylian just were some rubbish nonsense... But that a Japanese translation actually makes it say "Drowned in Heiuso's Sea", now that's interesting...!

Clearly there's a difference from the Ancient Hylian to the Modern Hylian. Plus in TWW we actually got translations from Hylian, which would make Modern Hylian a real language. I don't know about the Ancient Hylian is though... doens't seem like there's been any acceptable translations from that.

But surely there is a chance that they've made more sense in Hylian in TP.

what do you mean buy calm down

when did i post a spoiler

how can there be a spoiler when the game isn't out yet.

maybe there's just a coast like in loz and you cant go into it.

or maybe its like super mario sunshine and you can only swim so far

looking closer at zelda power (website with the hyilian translation thing) i found some screens from the e3 demos of tp.

there was a guy with a sword on his back maybe there are wariors who walk around the towns that you can chalenge to a fight or something.

i hadn't seen most of the toru screens from the demo, some were interesting

He means a spolier tag. There it is.

And he said calm down cuz you was like :confused:

Famitsus Most Wanted:

1. Final Fantasy XIII (Playstation 3/Enix Public garden) (–) 1 675

2. Biohazard 5 (Playstation 3/Capcom) (–) 1 256

3. Metal GEAR Solid 4 (Playstation 3/Konami) (–) 1 145

4. Summon Night 4 (Playstation 2/Banpresto) (–) 816

5. Blue Dragon (Xbox 360/Microsoft) (–) 774

6. Seiken Densetsu 4 (Playstation 2/Enix Public garden) (–) 721

7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii/Nintendo) (–) 700

8. Tales of Destiny (Playstation 2/Bandai Namco) (+1) 631