NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

I like the sound of that, but:

I'm just having fun reading all of your spoilers. I dont know what sbeen happening on these pages but its funny.

Cucoos on drugs, I'd love for a boss in a dungeon to one. A massive Cucoo on drugs. He could be called Cucoodon or something.

I kind of started a little spoiler box hoax last night. :heh:

Are the black monsters that fall out of portals evil then?

EDIT: Dante's right, I apologise to Hellfire and Lazyboy, those spoilers and the DS-x2 link contain information about a pony game for the DS. I got bored last night, sorry.

Yeah good idea Dante, it's way too long now, and all the videos and new info have been lost. I volunteer to compile another topic like the Wii Channel and Virtual Console ones I made and put all the pictures and videos in if anyone wants. ???

Haha!

Too bad for Hellfire and Lazyboy, we all made them cry and stuff :smile: I feel sorry for them...

Yeah, better stop doing it now, while it's still funny....

Btw, really enjoy those Zelda retrospectives... Can't wait til they actually get to Twilight Princess... Probably the last episode of them... There's gonna be six parts, right?

I kind of feel sorry for them, the hype meter has probably gone way up for them.

That's true, but when the real spoilers come out it wouldn't be any different. It kind of sucks Dante is killing our fun though :(

That's true, but when the real spoilers come out it wouldn't be any different. It kind of sucks Dante is killing our fun though
:(

But he's right, I made them think there's new information.

OMG!! Thank god i read it all your fake spoilers! I couldn't hold it anymore!Finally... i now the true! You guys... hate you! XD

Rumoured EGM Score for Twilight Princess (from NeoGaf)

9.5/9.5/10

Not sure what the individual parts are for, tho.

Hmm... I read a Danish review (that's where I'm from of course) about the last TP demo with the newest Wii controls... (really old info, I know!) they actually didn't like it too much... They said the sword fighting was kinda boring when it didn't matter how you swing the wiimote. And that the aiming with the bow, boomerang and clawshot was problematic, when enemies and stuff were at the edge of the screen, sometimes making the aiming thing dissapear when you went too far away. It was problematic in places where you had to react fast.

Of course, I've always been a bit unsatisfied with the whole idea with TP for the Wii and the new controls, but still... it's still a bit tempting to buy it... Garrrr! :horse: Damnit! ... I wish we could see just one more video of TP for Gamecube! Just 20 seconds gameplay or something... it's been a while since they've shown anything about the Gamecube version. It's not fair, now that Wii is stealing the spotlight! :nono:

I'm gonna buy TP for Gamecube, and make it go out with a blast! Unless! I get to try the Wii in some store when it's released, and think that TP is absolutely best for the Wii. But I doubt it... :hmm: I think you have to experience the controls for yourself though, if you really wanna know...

But it's tempting... with the Wii having a tiny bit better graphics and that widescreen crap feature... It just seems at the moment that Nintendo only have been working on the Wii version, so I REALLY don't hope that they've forgotten about the Cube version too much... :o

t_5731.jpg

Ha I should of known, you got me. And I was so good not to look.

I'm going to kill you all

Seriously

Hmm... I read a Danish review (that's where I'm from of course) about the last TP demo with the newest Wii controls... (really old info, I know!) they actually didn't like it too much... They said the sword fighting was kinda boring when it didn't matter how you swing the wiimote. And that the aiming with the bow, boomerang and clawshot was problematic, when enemies and stuff were at the edge of the screen, sometimes making the aiming thing dissapear when you went too far away. It was problematic in places where you had to react fast.
That's something I refuse to believe, boring swordfighting :shakehead Boring compared to what? Pressing B?

Also, the aiming target going away is a sign that the thing you're aiming for isn't shootable in your position. That's been in all Zelda games since OoT...

watched that retrospective last night before i switched off. I never knew Majoras mask looked so good! I've never played that game. I will definitely have to get it on the VC.

That's something I refuse to believe, boring swordfighting :shakehead Boring compared to what? Pressing B?

Also, the aiming target going away is a sign that the thing you're aiming for isn't shootable in your position. That's been in all Zelda games since OoT...

Not when you're *not targeting something, but just aiming your bow. If you go too fast, let's say, to the right where a huge monster is coming for you, you might move the wiimote too far and a text will suddenly pop up and say "Please aim the Wiimote at the screen", that can be a problem sometimes, instead of Link just aiming more to the right... :horse:

But hey, that's what they said! :heh:

do not deleate this thread (then we lose all are post counts from in this thread.

just lock it and make it sticky or something so when we are board we can look back at it.

Who cares for the postcount? Now we have a thread with 200 pages where only the last few count, and if delete it and make a new one we'll have a thread with 10 pages where only the last few matter for discussion. I don't see a reason for recycling.

Of course, I've always been a bit unsatisfied with the whole idea with TP for the Wii and the new controls, but still... it's still a bit tempting to buy it... Garrrr! :horse: Damnit! ... I wish we could see just one more video of TP for Gamecube! Just 20 seconds gameplay or something... it's been a while since they've shown anything about the Gamecube version. It's not fair, now that Wii is stealing the spotlight! :nono:

I'm gonna buy TP for Gamecube, and make it go out with a blast! Unless! I get to try the Wii in some store when it's released, and think that TP is absolutely best for the Wii. But I doubt it... :hmm: I think you have to experience the controls for yourself though, if you really wanna know...

But it's tempting... with the Wii having a tiny bit better graphics and that widescreen crap feature... It just seems at the moment that Nintendo only have been working on the Wii version, so I REALLY don't hope that they've forgotten about the Cube version too much... :o

I just hope thay still have made the cube-version as solid as you would expect after all these delays, the delays were caused by the wii-conversion, I just hope it doesént affect the quality of the gamecube-game.

Who cares for the postcount? Now we have a thread with 200 pages where only the last few count, and if delete it and make a new one we'll have a thread with 10 pages where only the last few matter for discussion. I don't see a reason for recycling.

True. When the game comes out the thread will get better with loads of spoilers for us Europeans.

I just hope thay still have made the cube-version as solid as you would expect after all these delays, the delays were caused by the wii-conversion, I just hope it doesént affect the quality of the gamecube-game.

Exactly my point :sad:

If you expect the sword fighting to be incredibly realistic, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you compare it to just pressing a button, it's going to be damned much sweeter, and you know it. Just flinging your wrist around a bit and watching Link slash with his sword on screen is going to kick ass for me, anyway. It depends on what you expect from it, really.

I for one don't want a new thread, there's so much content in this one that it'll always come in handy in-case we want to search it, besides... it's proof of this games popularity and even our existance within this forum (just like every other thread where we post in).

All in all if this thread was to end... it would be better to lock, never erase it's content, IMO.

If you expect the sword fighting to be incredibly realistic, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you compare it to just pressing a button, it's going to be damned much sweeter, and you know it. Just flinging your wrist around a bit and watching Link slash with his sword on screen is going to kick ass for me, anyway. It depends on what you expect from it, really.

Still, I think you'll get tired from seeing Link do vertical swings, horizon and staps just by doing a little flick with your mote... no matter how you flick it, it doesn't matter anything to what Link will do just that he'll swing his sword in some way.

I think in someways you'll get dissapointed after hearing that the wiimote will make it so much more awesome and realistic... of course the fishing part is something for it self. That, I'm really gonna miss for the Cube version :hmm:

Many prefer it in the old school way, with the controller, like myself! It's how every Zelda game has been played... :)

So, you say you'll get more tired from seing Link to the exact same swings time after time just because you're swinging your own wrist instead of pressing a button? Sorry, but that makes no sense. Also, I've never gotten tired of repeative sword swings in previous Zelda games. Sure, the way Link swings his sword won't correspond with the way you fling your wrist, but it'll vary just as much as it will when you're pressing the button.

I just think it's gonna be awesome to simply fling your wrist and see something happen on screen. That's all I expect.

I can understand if you're not getting a Wii yet, that you'd get the Cube Zelda, but if you are getting a Wii I'd advise you against it.

So, you say you'll get more tired from seing Link to the exact same swings time after time just because you're swinging your own wrist instead of pressing a button? Sorry, but that makes no sense. Also, I've never gotten tired of repeative sword swings in previous Zelda games. Sure, the way Link swings his sword won't correspond with the way you fling your wrist, but it'll vary just as much as it will when you're pressing the button.

So why not just press a button instead of doing small flicks all the time?

In theory, it's the same thing. Press the same button or doing the same flick. I'm just saying that most people are very hyped up about the Wii controls are going to be very realistic and cool, but that they might get dissapointed, that's all!

But I don't wanna discuss this anylonger, this sucks. People who want a Wii should definitely aslo buy TP for the Wii, and those who wanna stick to the old fashion way should have it for the Cube. Or maybe both, for those who are hardcore :awesome:

You don't have to flick the same way all the time.. I'd just take more pleasure in flinging my wrist back and fourth than pressing a button. You'll automatically feel more integrated, as it'll feel like simply the fact that you're moving your hand is what's affecting what Link does.

EDIT: And in any case, Ninty would definately not release TP as the Wii launch title if the controls weren't great.