NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

But what is it that EDGE said that put you off Zelda? Did they say it sucked?

No i think it was proberly spending too much time on gaf lol

No i think it was proberly spending too much time on gaf lol

GAf does that to people.

You will have to: learned how to combat , how to ride the horse ,acquired a fishing rod and caught fish, get a slingshot, find the lantern and a "horseshoe-shaped reed" that calls Epona, and "bird shaped reeds" that call hawks to your arm, which you can throw at bees' nests or monkeys.

You rescue a couple of children and a monkey from moblins in the woods. Link's on his way to Hyrule to deliver a sword and shield. But Moblins on boars attack you, abducting "Colin" and Ilia, as Link follows he gets dragged in to the Twilight, which cause him to transforms in to a wolf. He wakes up chained in the ruins of Hyrule Castle, and Midna helps him escape.

With Midna on Wolf Link, you can attack multiple enemies at once with a circular energy around Link, kind of like the spin attack, which you have to do because the enemies in the Twilight Realm often revive their dead buddies. Midna takes Wolf Link to meet Zelda, who can tell from the blue eyes that he's actually Hyrule’s Savoir! After that he goes to the non-Twilight village, still as a wolf. People are scared of Wolf Link, but he can talk to animals. Link saves the nearly tranform Twilight Faron Woods by hunting down shadow insects and collecting the tears of light they've consumed, restoring Light Spirits, AKA Great Fairies. The Light Spirit turn Link into human again. You're then on your way to the first dungeon.

you will have to: learned combat and horse riding, aquired a fishing rod and caught fish, got a slingshot, a lantern, and a "horseshoe-shaped reed" that calls Epona, and "bird shapped reeds" that call hawks to your arm, that you can throw at bees' nests or monkeys.

You rescue a couple of children and a monkey from moblins in the woods. Link's on his way to Hyrule to deliver a sword and shield. But shit, Moblins on boars attack, abducting "Colin" and Ilia, and Link gets dragged in to the Twilight, at which point he transforms in to a wolf. He wakes up chained in the ruins of Hyrule Castle, and Midna helps him escape.

With Midna on Wolf Link, you can attack multiple enemies at once with a circular energy around Link, kinda like the spin attack, which you have to do cos the enemies in the Twilight Realm often revive their dead buddies. Wolf Link then goes to meet Zelda, who can tell from the blue eyes that he's actually Hyrule's Savior! He then goes to the non-Twilight village, still as a wolf. People are scared of Wolf Link, but he can talk to animals. He then saves the nearly-Twilight Faron Woods by hunting down shadow insects and collecting the tears of light they've consumed, restoring Light Spirits, AKA Great Fairies. The Light Spirit then makes Link human again. You're then on your way to the first dungeon.

Ooooh... sounds good!!!

I forgotten to add that it took them six hours to get to the first dungeon, which is about the same hours as Zelda:MM. :)

I forgotten to add that it took them six hours to get to the first dungeon, which is about the same hours as Zelda:MM. :)

*passes out*

Hell Yes

You will have to: learned how to combat , how to ride the horse ,acquired a fishing rod and caught fish, get a slingshot, find the lantern and a "horseshoe-shaped reed" that calls Epona, and "bird shaped reeds" that call hawks to your arm, which you can throw at bees' nests or monkeys.

You rescue a couple of children and a monkey from moblins in the woods. Link's on his way to Hyrule to deliver a sword and shield. But Moblins on boars attack you, abducting "Colin" and Ilia, as Link follows he gets dragged in to the Twilight, which cause him to transforms in to a wolf. He wakes up chained in the ruins of Hyrule Castle, and Midna helps him escape.

With Midna on Wolf Link, you can attack multiple enemies at once with a circular energy around Link, kind of like the spin attack, which you have to do because the enemies in the Twilight Realm often revive their dead buddies. Midna takes Wolf Link to meet Zelda, who can tell from the blue eyes that he's actually Hyrule’s Savoir! After that he goes to the non-Twilight village, still as a wolf. People are scared of Wolf Link, but he can talk to animals. Link saves the nearly tranform Twilight Faron Woods by hunting down shadow insects and collecting the tears of light they've consumed, restoring Light Spirits, AKA Great Fairies. The Light Spirit turn Link into human again. You're then on your way to the first dungeon.

I'm hyperventilating.

SIX HOURS!!! I'm dead.

Just a few thoughts I have had about Zelda on the Wii. Lets say it turn out to be the nuts, the game is a all time classic. The Wii control method turns out to be very intuative and works extremely well. Question:Will the game be recognised by the gaming masses as a game worthy of respect and praise or just be passed off as a gamecube game that got a quick conversion to the Wii?

I can imagine a lot of sony fan biys dismissing zelda because of its non HD graphics.

Just a few thoughts I have had about Zelda on the Wii. Lets say it turn out to be the nuts, the game is a all time classic. The Wii control method turns out to be very intuative and works extremely well. Question:Will the game be recognised by the gaming masses as a game worthy of respect and praise or just be passed off as a gamecube game that got a quick conversion to the Wii?

I can imagine a lot of sony fan biys dismissing zelda because of its non HD graphics.

Most people won't know that it was ever once a gc game.

I can't exactly call over a year a quick conversion. It will be an alltime classic, they've worked the controls completely and improved the graphics.

If it's better than OOT it's already got a place at every poll ever to do with games. That's a big IF.

Well, that's what makes them fanboys, I'm afraid. Fanboys, whether on Sony's, Microsoft's or Nintendo's side, slay everything that doesn't fit in their confined mindset with anything they can find, be it "non-HD graphics", "boring games", "unfunctional controls", "plagiarism, etc". They ought to be ignored.

It's a fine line between having an opinion on a subject, and bashing something simply for the sake of bashing.

Now, go in peace and spread the Luv! : peace:

EDIT: I guess I expressed myself badly here. Boring games ofcourse should be bashed. What I mean is that fanboys will automticaly claim games from their "rivals" are boring, even though they never played it, much in the same way some claim Wii's controls to be unfunctional, even though they haven't even been near a Wiimote, let alone play on it. The point is, it's good to have an opinion... if you have something to base that opinion on. I won't bash the PS3, since I simply havn't played it yet. Hope that clears it up.

This edge preview thats been mentioned [magazine right?] if anyone here has read it fully, do they in ANY section criticise the game in regards to any particular aspects of the game [particularly swordfighting controls] or is it nothing but praises?

I havent read it myself but the guy over at the gamesradar forum said that the only real bad thing they said was...

'The art style may be less controversial than Wind Waker's, but the design still has its quirks. The effect is rich, but not as consistent or as well animated.'

Damn, too many quirks still, but its sounding like it will be an all time classic capable of sneaking in the top 10 games of all time despite having too many issues but Ocarina of Time had these sort of issues with not 100% perfect graphics and that and it still got all time high scores although it is a N64 game where this is a game on a new console with much higher expectations.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get below 9.8, 9.7 at the ABSOLUTE lowest. Need a pray smiley on here like IGN...

I'm counting on Twilight Princess GC topping NGamer's GC Top 20. Wind Waker held the top spot for years until Resident Evil 4 got the same score but put above it. Unacceptable, this will be the game that tops the top 20 at the end of the GC's life!

I'm counting on Twilight Princess GC topping NGamer's GC Top 20. Wind Waker held the top spot for years until Resident Evil 4 got the same score but put above it. Unacceptable, this will be the game that tops the top 20 at the end of the GC's life!

What.... It's a GC game!!! :shock: :shock:

What.... It's a GC game!!! :shock: :shock:

How much attention have you paid to this topic and gaming news in general over the past few years?

How much attention have you paid to this topic and gaming news in general over the past few years?

Cough *sarcasm* Cough!!!! :santa:

I'm trying to work out if these claims of longevity by Nintendo are true. How many dungneons are there going to be again? With the 6 hour comment, we could be talking Tales of Symphonia length if not longer.

Well, that's what makes them fanboys, I'm afraid. Fanboys, whether on Sony's, Microsoft's or Nintendo's side, slay everything that doesn't fit in their confined mindset with anything they can find, be it non-HD graphics, boring games, unfunctional controls, plagiarism, etc. They ought to be ignored.

Why shoudn't we bash boring games?

Why shoudn't we bash boring games?

Exactly. Everyone has different opinions, it doesn't mean they're a fanboy.