NEurope
Calibur

The Omen - Movie 6/6/06

looks like a fun film! i love these types of horrors and i'm obsessed with horrors with religous bases. i'll prob be laughing out loud when i go see it but its interested me enough to earn the entrance fee! well done '66 6econd trailor', well done :P

I'm 16 on that day. Go on, try and beat that.

Well, i'm going to be 66 on that day!

I'm not really, but somebody is bound to be. ;)

Anyway, i'm undecided about this. The Original Omen was a great film and it was quite groundbreaking at the time (i'd expect). I just hope they don't cock this up, for there will be hell to pay. (excuse the terrible pun)

*shakes fist* Damn Hollywood, running out of new ideas is no excuse for constant remakes (mostly asian horror). The original Omen was perfect if they cock this up there will be hell to pay, especially if this ends up with loads of teens and chavs thinking this is a "new" film, like what happens when old songs get covered by new "bands".

*shakes fist* Damn Hollywood, running out of new ideas is no excuse for constant remakes (mostly asian horror). The original Omen was perfect if they cock this up there will be hell to pay, especially if this ends up with loads of teens and chavs thinking this is a "new" film, like what happens when old songs get covered by new "bands".

:o

You stole my moves. :(

I'll not be seeing this- the original was pretty amazing even by todays standards. It should have been left well alone.

I just saw this preview for the first time today. Looks like a pretty cool movie.

You'd better watch the original sharpish, or your soul will be damned to hells fire for eternity.

IS NOTHING SACRED? DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD! DAMN YOU ALL!

Seriously, the very exsistance of this remake makes me feel sick. I'm not joking.

EDIT: I've just seen the trailer. I'm not impressed - the action-movie style pitch doesn't suggest they've nailed what made the original good.

I swear to the sweet lord in heaven, if anyone from this forum actually goes to see this, I will hunt you down and beat you to death with Gregorey Pecks rotting corpse.

sounds a bit extreme that. I don't think this film should have been made but that doesn't mean it won't be any good..

sounds a bit extreme that. I don't think this film should have been made but that doesn't mean it won't be any good..

A good film that shouldn't have been made?

Isn't that a contradiction?

Ahh, thank you for that. :)

So far, there's only been one remake of a film that springs to mind that i think surpasses the original, and that is the 1978 version of Invasion of the body snatchers.

It's rare, but it does happen.

'The Thing' was another good one, but 99.9% of the time remakes are shite.

At the risk of sounding like one of those people who nitpick at evry little thing, but her 66th would be on 6/7/06

So far, there's only been one remake of a film that springs to mind that i think surpasses the original, and that is the 1978 version of Invasion of the body snatchers.

Well, there is also Scarface. Of course this opinion is tainted as I've yet to see the original, but the '83 version is so awesome I'm not sure how the original can be superior; and the few people who have seen both claim the latter as the better aswell.

:o

You stole my moves. :(

Ha, i never realised you said it, and i managed to word exactly as you did, weird.::shrug:

I think the only remake i enjoyed was the on Night of the Living Dead.

No other remake has come close of its orginal, and there's no way this Omen will either. Part of the magic of the orginal is how great it was given the technical limitations of its time. This new one will just be cock full of unneccesary/over used special effects, with the studio trying to make it more "flashy" and "21st century". IT WAS ALREADY PERFECT DAMN YOU. And i bet they try water it down down somehow.

Also lets never forget that American Horror films have very few good actors these days.

Could someone clear something up about the original, I've not seen it for awhile but when they're in the graveyard and they look in the mothers[?] grave they find a dog, or in one another child? I keep forgetting and misunderstanding this bit.

Could someone clear something up about the original, I've not seen it for awhile but when they're in the graveyard and they look in the mothers[?] grave they find a dog, or in one another child? I keep forgetting and misunderstanding this bit.

Definitely a dog, or dog like skeleton, in the mothers grave, don't remember them checking any other graves.

Definitely a dog, or dog like skeleton, in the mothers grave, don't remember them checking any other graves.

I thought it was a raven or something. A raven gave birth to Damien, at least that's what i remember. He's a child not conceived by any mortal. Have i got this right?

No no, I remember the scene precisely. The 2 heros opened the grave (which was surrounded by scarecrows and dogs watching from afar), and found the skeleton of a bitch.

No no, I remember the scene precisely. The 2 heros opened the grave (which was surrounded by scarecrows and dogs watching from afar), and found the skeleton of a bitch.

Ahh, i see. My bad.

The part about Damien being born from a Raven threw me off. :)

A good film that shouldn't have been made?

Isn't that a contradiction?

to use another example....how about Desperado. strictly speaking, that film is pointless because it was the same film being made a 2nd time but more so. and Desperado is a wicked film.

it's highly unlikely that this film will be a patch on the original- it would be very hard to make a film worthy, bujt it can still be enjoyable.